Vortech S/C is on the way...

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Most guys are gonna be like wtf but i dont care..haha...been waiting 6 months and finally got me a vortech on the way :pepper: . Used kit has 10,000 mile on it BBBUUUTTT...the head unit was sent to vortech and they put new seals and bearings in it...that was 500 miles ago. The kit comes with an Anderson Power Pipe and a T-rex inline fuel pump and some more goodies...got the kit at a good price and when i get it...ordering a blank chip to get dyno tuned....and hopefully get 60#ers :rockon: if i have enough $$ left over.....ill post a new thread when i get it and let yall know the numbers and etc

Let me know some other little small things yall think i should get as well...i have some extra cash left over since i got the kit at a steal....i was maybe looking into LTs

Last edited:

mystic1219

Established Member
I just got the SQ trim with aftercooler. I am getting autometer gauges (A/F, fuel pressure and boost). I am going to run the T rex and FMU for now, but when I get some more cash I am going with a Lightning 90mm MAF, 42lb injectors, Walbro 255L pump and a dyno tune. A JLT is supposed to give an extra pound or two of boost. Long tubes would be nice, as well as some suspension work and sticky tires to hook with.

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
The t-rex pump is noisy. If that type of constant pump noise annoys you like it did me. Maybe look into a 255lph in-tank pump.

How much boost are you planning on running? 60lb injectors might be overkill.

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
7-9 psi right now...im running 60# so i wont stress out the injectors...and when im able to do more motor work so i can up the boost...ill already have the injectors on for the upgraded tune

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Everyone is probaly going to have their cars put together before me. I just picked up a 3 core sheet metal cooler by procharger and am hunting for someone to make some piping to mount it up to my V2. Hopefully my engine will see between 14-16psi after the cooler. Does anyone know what pulleys Vortech makes smaller than the 3.33" off the top of their head? I have been told that will probaly make around 12psi (GT impellar) so I need a smaller one to get to 17 or 18 out of the head unit.

BTW, do the long tubes, and Tucker might hook you up with something if you ask nicely. JLT doesn't (or at least didn't when I last looked) sell a kit for our cars supercharged. Maynor

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
P/N 2A036-262 Supercharger Pulley, 2.62", 6-Rib
P/N 2A036-287 Supercharger Pulley, 2.87", 6-Rib
P/N 2A036-312 Supercharger Pulley, 3.125", 6-Rib
P/N 2A036-325 Supercharger Pulley, 3.25", 6-Rib
P/N 2A036-333 Supercharger Pulley, 3.33", 6-Rib
P/N 2A036-348 Supercharger Pulley, 3.48", 6-Rib
P/N 2A036-361 Supercharger Pulley, 3.60", 6-Rib

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
yea...about the aftercooler....im not running one b/c im making soo little psi..now when i eventually go on up to 12+ psi..then im gonna get one..ive been told by numerous shops in ATL that i didnt really need one for such low boost....and about the 60#...yea i thought the same..but like he explained..the bigger you go..the less stress you put on the injectors...you can always make it spray less..but u can never make it spray more that it can....and he builds badass fords all throught ATL..he was tuning one of the two Shadrach TT Mustangs out now

Users who are viewing this thread