Vortech Supercharged CobraR

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I saw this car at Bradenton. I am not sure what he ran but I am pretty sure it was around 10.8-11.8

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am not really sure, there were two cobraR's at the track that day. One was the supercharged one (above) and the other was just the cobraR shell, it didn't have the R motor or IRS suspension. I didn't get a good look at them going down the track and they both looked almost identical on the outside so I am not sure which one ran what time. One ran a 10.8, then a low 11 than another higher 11 than the slowest time I saw was a 12.2 I think. Thats all I know :shrug:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
nice nice nice, i wish i knew what kinda numbers he was puttin down on the dyno and at the track. Oh well, very beautiful setup.

DEMNSVT

Established Member
I have seen this one before I think. Well the tags are Maryland, but I know there is one from VA also that has a Vortech on it. Excessive Motorsports East did the work. Those blown Rs put down like 550 to 600rwhp at like 9 to 10lbs of boost! The one from VA has a lot of other work, including Long tubes, Canton Oil pan, and some other bolt ons. Only saw it for like 15 minutes, but it was BADDD!!!
Kevin

DEMNSVT

Established Member
GOOD GOD they even have a TURBO R, that makes 520rwhp on a MASSIVE 6PSI.. thats massive numbers for only 6psi. I can only dream if they got it built for boost and forced 10-15psi into it. Thats like saying " I just wanna die".. LOL Its in the new 5.0&SF MAG!!! Just got it tonight.. IT IS JUST PLAN SICK.. They ended it with say, they are rebuilding it for more boost and adding a Intercooler!!! I wish I had that car and that Money!!!
BYE BYE GM :burn:
KEVIN

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
guess what guys. . . .it turns out I do have more info about this cobra! I looked at some of the old videos I took while I was there and it turns out I got this guy on video. I am pretty sure its the same cobraR, he ran 11.5 @124!! If anyone can host it let me know, I would love to show everyone.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah, that should be Bobbys R. I've met and seen and heard that car run. Bobby is an awersome dude. I didn't know he lived in MD. I know he bought the car off its original owner. Haven't seen it since last fall. Last I talked to him it was running I think low-mid 12s at some crazy MPH. Told me could get on it til 3rd....

Users who are viewing this thread