Vortech T-Trim for 2004 Mach 1?

HamMach1

Established Member
- Have a guy who will sell me a Vortech V2 T-Trim head unit for $900.
- Only 1500 miles on it and is in excellent condition.
- Will sell Cobra pumps, hat and wiring for $1000 (added to the price of the HU).

Thoughts? Is the T-Trim a good unit? I know they're not made anymore.
Also found the mounting kit for it (non-intercooled) for $1600.

So basically $2600 for a non-intercooled kit seems pretty good, yeah?

What else is needed?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Seems like a good deal and the T-trims are awesome. They do still make the T-trim just not the V-2 I believe.. I would also ask if it has the Heavy Duty bearings.. There is a difference between the T-trims I believe.. Some have standard bearings and some have Heavy Duty bearings..

JP_Stang

Established Member
How would you know if it had the heavy duty bearings? I have a V-1 T-trim and it says "Race" on the tag. Would it more than likely have the heavy duty bearings in it?

Sorry op, I was just curious how would know with mine. Thanks!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ Yea I think that the RACE means the bearings.. I could be wrong though. the best thing to do is to call Vortech with the serial number to find out. I believe all the V1's have the HD bearing and the V2's might not.. I could very well be wrong though on this whole theory, I remember hearing it once from a guy that worked at Vortech.. :/

cobracrazee

Established Member
Had the T TRIM on my 03 z06 made 735 to the rear. The newer model is the JT trim, supposed to be more efficient. Its a great blower, you'll love it

HamMach1

Established Member
Haven't gotten a solid answer about the bearings. Would it matter that much if I only plan on running enough boost to get me between 400-450? I'm guessing that's 8lbs. Trying to figure out what pulley size I need to get and if I should use the Cobra pumps and make a baffle for the fuel tank or use a Focus pump (assuming the Focus pump doesn't need a baffle).

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It won't matter on 8lbs of boost.. The pulley combo with a vortech aftercooler and a stock crank pulley is going to a 3.6'' blower pulley depending on your exhaust mods.. I hope this helps.

mtrsprt

Established Member
They never made a V2 T. All V2 T's were upgraded from S's. Most of the upgraded V2-T's still utilized the STD bearings, because owners that were upgrading them, didn't want to drive the cost up anymore on the upgrade. Don't worry about the bearings. The STD bearings are fine. HD bearings are what's needed for cog drive.

phillipmach1

Established Member
I have a polish V2 SC-trim with 1800 miles with a 3.25 6rib pulley that i'm willing to trade for the t trim i even give you the vortech inlet tube let me know what you think

Users who are viewing this thread