Vortech v2 removal

Marvin9075

Established Member
So I am wanting to remove my vortech V2 head unit to send out, to get upgraded. I did not install the kit and have no experience doing so, but have some mechanical ability. So my question is, how difficult is it to remove the head unit. Its on a 99 2v gt. Thanks

Stanger00

Established Member
Not sure how detailed of a tear down you need but it's not very difficult to remove the headunit.

Do you have a blow thru maf or draw thru?

This job can be done with basic hand tools. Only 3 bolts physically attach blower bracket to the motor.

The rest is top down tear down.

The hard part will be disconnecting draw thru MAF if it's bolted to the inner fender/bumper bracket. I typically leave powerpipe installed and just remove the giant coupler and lift vortech up and out of engine bay.

Other than that you're just removing belt tension, cold side powerpipe, discharge pipe hot side, oil feed line from oil filter housing, oil drain hose from oil pan, 3 bolts on blower bracket and that's it.

I've gotten this thing out in less than 30 minutes after a few belt changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin9075

Established Member
I have a blow thru set up ... I figured it would be pretty straight forward ... I just wanted to make sure I wasent getting into something more then I could handle

Stanger00

Established Member
I have a blow thru set up ... I figured it would be pretty straight forward ... I just wanted to make sure I wasent getting into something more then I could handle

It's a fairly simple task in my opinion.

If you turn the boost up the upgrade is worth the cost. I upgraded my V2 when I had my motor built in 2011/2012. Same headunit has been on my car since 2005!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread