vortech vrs. procharger

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
right now i have a v1 strim that has been good to me. but i stumbled across a screaming deal on a p600b pro charger with upgraded intercooler. (3core) from the specs i can see the procharger is a step up from my strim.. anycomments?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
IMO, stick with the S-trim. It's a simple and effective setup. Also IMO, the S-trim is more efficient than the P600B. I know a few P600B intercooled 5.0's and I think an equally equipped (no intercooler) S-trim car would walk all over them.

tommygun

Established Member
keep the vortech

hands down a more reliable blower

If your sub 10lbs of boost I dont feel the need for a IC, and if you do just buy a Snow Performance Meth kit and call it a day.

svtdriven

Established Member
I'd go for the p600b myself, especially if the price is right. Procharger has the nicest intercooler setup in my opinion. I'd rather have an intercooler than a meth kit. I haven't heard of any reliability issues with the procharger either. I had one on my 98 cobra for 20k+ miles and had no issues at all.

what does the procharger do that makes you call it a hot air charger?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
svtdriven said:
I had one on my 98 cobra for 20k+ miles and had no issues at all.

what does the procharger do that makes you call it a hot air charger?
Blows hot air.

On a serious note, what did your cobra put down with that setup, and/or track times? My buddy's '96 cobra with that setup was less than impressive.

tommygun

Established Member
P600 is a waste of time

if you really want a procharger step up to a D1 and call it good

they are prone to leaks and impellar crashes.

dannyboy76

Established Member
i already have the snow methkit. i spool the hell out of my strim. spec is 50k rpm i think, im pushing it. maybe just need to get a bigger vortech or switch to the dark side.....turbo.

dannyboy76

Established Member
i already have the snow methkit. i spool the hell out of my strim. spec is 50k rpm i think, im pushing it. maybe just need to get a bigger vortech or switch to the dark side.....turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread