Vortech VS ON3 single turbo

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Those rods may try to make an exit if anything goes wrong. If you push it that hard make sure to keep timing down the E85 helps but isn't really needed to make the power.

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Those rods may try to make an exit if anything goes wrong. If you push it that hard make sure to keep timing down the E85 helps but isn't really needed to make the power.
Yeah I have someone who knows a pretty good bit about these cars and the vortechs especially doing the tuning.

01yellercobra

Established Member
E85, mach 1 short block, 03 cobra C heads. Should hold, I don't want to go past that though. 10 lbs and that should make good power
Mach 1 short block is basically the same as a stock 99/01 bottom end. Cast pistons and powdered metal rods. Hopefully you got one out of a car with a manual trans. Otherwise it's a cast crank.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Mach 1 short block is basically the same as a stock 99/01 bottom end. Cast pistons and powdered metal rods. Hopefully you got one out of a car with a manual trans. Otherwise it's a cast crank.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Nope it's the good crank

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Results? Been about 6 months?

Btw the cast crank is more than fine at 500hp and is substantially lighter than the forged so it woulda been fine too.

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Results? Been about 6 months?

Btw the cast crank is more than fine at 500hp and is substantially lighter than the forged so it woulda been fine too.
Yeah stuff came up and I'm currently on deployment, I had to leave about 4 days after my car got dyno'd so the boost levels will have to stay unknown until either I can get back or a buddy can pick it up

I apologize for not updating but I'll have an answer when I can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TimmyTurner

Established Member

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Ah good deal, I know how that deployment thing is... I dunno if mine is one better or one worse but I was in the middle of a 4V/IRS swap plus a bunch of other fixes to mine when I got PCS orders. Got the car done 1 week before the movers came and finished the tune in TLA lol.

Stay safe over there wherever "there" is.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Just read the thread, yeah that's about right for E85 and that combo... should be fun AF to drive around when you get back.

Also, holy shit get a wideband, boost and fuel press gauges in that car lol.

Users who are viewing this thread