Vr4 3000gt Gets Bit

killerstanger

Established Member
Well, im still trying to get used to my 04 cobra but this guy was just getting on my nerves. My cobra is completely stock. He had exaust no cats, intake and thats all i know he has the 6speed 320hp i beleive. Well, he says that he takes cobras all the time which i highly doubt, but he does not know due to ignorance that the 03 04 cobras are special:lol: So we do from a dead stop, i dont rev my engine because i dont know what to rev to so i just leave it at idle. 123 and off we go those awd take of nice and he got me by like a 1 1/2 in first and as soon as a swiched to second i thought he was going in reverse, i passed him like a bullitt and took him easily. It was funny to see his face after i told him that ford rules the world.

dont mess with the COBRITA:nono:

GoNSyco

Established Member
Those 3000's aren't that fast. But you'd think with AWD he's drop the hammer a lil more outta the hole. Why does he even bother having AWD if he isn't gonna use it.

killerstanger

Established Member
yeah, your right i thougt he would and he did take off almost redlining the hell out of it so i know he did the correct way. I guess the cobras good 0-60 time takes effect also.

GoNSyco

Established Member
I guess they're just not as fast as I thought. That's kinda said since I didn't think they were that fast to begin with. By the way, what is you 0-60? Mine is around 4.7-4.8

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by 94RX-7
does anyone have any info on 1/4 times on a VR4? Just curious

I would guess mid to high 13's at best.

I launched an AWD eclipse GSX the other weekend. It was my first experience with an AWD car. He's got an aftermarket turbo, full exhuast, and a ported intake. All I can is :eek: . I dumped the clutch at 5500rpms and snapped my neck back hard. Once I hit 3rd gear (70-75mph) the car really died out.

machone

NA power
Established Member
I think theyre about a high 13 at best. Theyre just so damn heavy, and the awd may help the launch but thats it.

Cal

Established Member
Not sure if this is entirely correct:

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
Curb Weight: 3737 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

-Engine-
Type: Twin-Turbo V6
Displacement: 2972 cc
Horsepower: 320 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 315 lb-ft @ 2500 rpm
Redline: 7000 rpm

-Performance-
0-60 mph: 5.5 sec
0-100 mph: 14.0 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.9 sec @ 102 mph
Skidpad: .90g
Top Speed: 160 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 122 ft
Slalom Speed: 63.7 mph

My dad had a 92 VR4 with a few mods about 5 or 6 years ago. Pretty cool cars but they are heavy.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
There's a Pace car version up here that I've run twice. It was dead even the first time 'cause the tire went away but after I got a new set of T1S's it was a three length affair. He's very good at launching and usually gets three or so off of the line, stays even through 2nd and gets reeled in in 3rd. His best Timeslip was a 12.75 at Pacific.

dragon40k

Established Member
I raced one of those things like 7years ago in california with my almost stock 87 gt he didn't pull away till 4th. I saw one in my cobra the other day and wanted to put a hurting on him for my death so long ago but I had to wait for a train and never saw him again. good kill

Users who are viewing this thread