VRBO WTF

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't believe in any of that bullshit supernatural stuff: ghosts, gods, leprechauns, tofu that tastes good, vampires, divine intervention or miracles. None of it.

I had my second experience recently that makes me question everything I think I know about the supernatural world.

This is ****ing crazy (imo).

My sweet wife and I like to take lots of short vacations. We are trying to find that 'place' that we want to go back to, possibly buy and VRBO it until we retire. A month back we rented a small house on a Wisconsin lake for a Tuesday through Saturday. Campfires, lake life, small town living, low key, chill.

My wife doesn't always thoroughly research these joints as much as she should. My mind is usually preoccupied with life and work so I say "ok, fine" too quickly. That's on me.

We arrive at this joint on Tuesday. Small place. No yard. Feet from a county highway, with a lake shore down a hillside in the back. There's a campfire area off to the side of the house. My initial impression standing outside set my expectations low for what was on the inside.

I walked inside and immediately felt some strange karma of the place. Not that I believe in that bullshit either, but I said nothing to my wife. It was a decently remodeled place, but obviously was a refurbished shack that was someone's pandemic VRBO project. I definitely don't want to start the vacation with some crap between us about the place she picked out. I stayed silent as I looked around the joint and visit the dock on the lake. Things perked up once I went down to the lake, and the strange feeling returned after going back inside.

Tuesday and Wednesday were normal. Nothing unexpected happened, except for my wife was crazy horny. We've been married forever, have sex on our birthdays, so this was a nice surprise!

Thursday was normal. We drank several strong old fashioneds (the Wisconsin state water?) and played banana grams into the late evening. We are exciting like that. It was fun to chill and not worry about life. We head to bed, have some fun, and fall asleep. She has… medical issues that wake her and keep her up. So she gets up. I wake with all the commotion and wonder what the hell is happening. I'm half asleep but awake enough to know she's not in the bed, but not sure where she is. I wait for her, trying to get back to sleep. This is a regular and normal occurrence.

After a bit of laying there, I'm mostly awake now, so I grab my phone. It's like 2 AM. I'm looking at my phone in a dark room. At the end of the bed I see a dark shadow rise at the end of the bed. I casually call my wife's name a couple times and get no response. I'm not directly looking at what I think is my wife, but see the dark shape out of the corner of my eye. It was not the "shape" of my wife, so I'm like wtf? I look straight at it beyond my bright phone screen. I'm like WTF? My phone screen is bright enough that I can't make out any features other than the black shape.

I quickly turn my phone around to shine the light of the screen on this… thing. This dark shape. This shadow. It vanishes as the light washes over it from left to right. It's gone.

I don't say shit to my wife, as she will want to bug the **** out that instant. I stay quiet, until our ride home on Saturday. When I tell her she freaks out! She tells me that she could not figure out why all the bedding was pulled off the end of the bed every morning. As in, every morning there was no bedding left on the bed; it was pulled off of us piled at the foot of the bed.

I get chills everytime I think about what I saw. This life is an amazing mystery.

Maybe I do believe… and next time I need to pick the VRBO.

LS WUT

Established Member
So I have to admit I’m a bit of a skeptic myself, I don’t tend to believe things unless I see it for myself. My sister is a huge ghost, paranormal person. So she found this place, supposedly the most haunted house in Florida. Myself, my sister, my brother, and my bestfriend go to this house. There were some strange things I couldn’t necessarily explain to myself as I’m driving home. However your experience for sure made my eyebrow raise.

Adamn

Established Member
Did she experience any strange things like what you saw?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
She's a believer in ghosts. The only WTF for her was the bedding being pulled off the end of the bed where I saw this shadow being. This bedding deal has never happened in our regular bed. Neither of us have the jimmy legs.

Adamn

Established Member
Did she have any strange feelings or any type of explanation for being extra horny? My wife typically wants it more when we are staying places that aren’t our place so that doesn’t seem odd to me. However if that’s not typical, I just wonder if she felt different at that place

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
She claims she did not get supernatural horny, and that it was just a chance to get away from normal life that was the spark... But who knows.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Heh. Reminds me of the time we stayed in this hotel in California. Older one seems nice until the night time. The wife and I would both wake up to the pain of our feet getting yanked on. Like someone grabbing a foot and trying to pull you. No lie it happened twice till we left that hotel. And during the day the foot was sore like we twisted an ankle.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It was just a matter of time. My advice is to listen to your instincts because they are true. I don't deal with what you experienced often but I've dealt with spirits like that on at least 2 dozen or more occasions in the past. My old barracks were a hot spot where multiple guys in my platoon experienced the same shadow figure in their rooms and some even saw it manifest as a person who was entirely burnt from head to toe. One guy even got yanked off his bed while napping at lunch in his room alone. This shit happens to lots of people all the time.

One question I do have is did you get a feeling if fear wash over you like chills that come over your entire body like waves?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I did get the chills, the old peepers started watering. I don't recall debilitating fear in the moment, more curiosity + WTF is happening. I still get the chills and watery eyes when I think about it too much. I suppose that's fear, even weeks after it happened.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel you guys…. Sometimes I just have this weird feeling…. This fear takes over me…. Something aint right and im being watched….

Probably shouldn’t have taken that dump in the middle of the aisle back at that Walmart… Police gotta be out looking for me…

VegasMichael

Established Member
I don't believe in any of that bullshit supernatural stuff: ghosts, gods, leprechauns, tofu that tastes good, vampires, divine intervention or miracles. None of it.

I had my second experience recently that makes me question everything I think I know about the supernatural world.

This is ****ing crazy (imo).

My sweet wife and I like to take lots of short vacations. We are trying to find that 'place' that we want to go back to, possibly buy and VRBO it until we retire. A month back we rented a small house on a Wisconsin lake for a Tuesday through Saturday. Campfires, lake life, small town living, low key, chill.

My wife doesn't always thoroughly research these joints as much as she should. My mind is usually preoccupied with life and work so I say "ok, fine" too quickly. That's on me.

We arrive at this joint on Tuesday. Small place. No yard. Feet from a county highway, with a lake shore down a hillside in the back. There's a campfire area off to the side of the house. My initial impression standing outside set my expectations low for what was on the inside.

I walked inside and immediately felt some strange karma of the place. Not that I believe in that bullshit either, but I said nothing to my wife. It was a decently remodeled place, but obviously was a refurbished shack that was someone's pandemic VRBO project. I definitely don't want to start the vacation with some crap between us about the place she picked out. I stayed silent as I looked around the joint and visit the dock on the lake. Things perked up once I went down to the lake, and the strange feeling returned after going back inside.

Tuesday and Wednesday were normal. Nothing unexpected happened, except for my wife was crazy horny. We've been married forever, have sex on our birthdays, so this was a nice surprise!

Thursday was normal. We drank several strong old fashioneds (the Wisconsin state water?) and played banana grams into the late evening. We are exciting like that. It was fun to chill and not worry about life. We head to bed, have some fun, and fall asleep. She has… medical issues that wake her and keep her up. So she gets up. I wake with all the commotion and wonder what the hell is happening. I'm half asleep but awake enough to know she's not in the bed, but not sure where she is. I wait for her, trying to get back to sleep. This is a regular and normal occurrence.

After a bit of laying there, I'm mostly awake now, so I grab my phone. It's like 2 AM. I'm looking at my phone in a dark room. At the end of the bed I see a dark shadow rise at the end of the bed. I casually call my wife's name a couple times and get no response. I'm not directly looking at what I think is my wife, but see the dark shape out of the corner of my eye. It was not the "shape" of my wife, so I'm like wtf? I look straight at it beyond my bright phone screen. I'm like WTF? My phone screen is bright enough that I can't make out any features other than the black shape.

I quickly turn my phone around to shine the light of the screen on this… thing. This dark shape. This shadow. It vanishes as the light washes over it from left to right. It's gone.

I don't say shit to my wife, as she will want to bug the **** out that instant. I stay quiet, until our ride home on Saturday. When I tell her she freaks out! She tells me that she could not figure out why all the bedding was pulled off the end of the bed every morning. As in, every morning there was no bedding left on the bed; it was pulled off of us piled at the foot of the bed.

I get chills everytime I think about what I saw. This life is an amazing mystery.

Maybe I do believe… and next time I need to pick the VRBO.
I highlighted what I think might be the reason you saw what you saw.

FJohnny

Established Member
This happens in about half the vrbo's. Guy rents out his place but has nowhere else to go.

So he stays. Lives under his bed.

When he gets cold he pulls a bit of the sheet and shares with you.

He slides out to grab a bite when he thinks you're asleep. Sometimes you're not completely out so you see his shadow.

When he gets bored and you're both passed out he'll often reach around and tickle the old lady a little. She gets worked up and takes it out on you.

So all in all no big deal. Nothing scary or weird. If you and your gal liked it you should make it a regular thing.

Win/win/win for all 3 of you.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I was waiting for the “got you” at the end.

Story is maybe a 5/10.

Post pics in the hot gf/wives thread you could reach a 7/8.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah I believe there is something. Call it spirits, ghosts, energy, purgatory or just something we just don't understand. I have plenty of stories from my family alone to question the validity that something....is there.

Users who are viewing this thread