Vt custom camshafts

1989Gt.

Banned
Does anyone know anything about these stage two cams?

Intake was 226 with .393 lift
exhaust was 236 with .393 lift

How would those be on a stock set of b heads? and ill upgrade the springs as well forged bottom end, on a 10.8:1 compression ratio.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Seems like a lot of work for low 300s. I'd get a used s-trim and call it a day before I went to the hassle of cams.

Any reason you picked those cams? Are you set on remaining N/A?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

1989Gt.

Banned
Ok but for 300 they should be a good buy i could prob resell them pretty quickly dont you think if they wont work with my flattops?

1989Gt.

Banned
How do I check the duration I know the mathmatic formula with a dial indicator for lift bit is there. One for duration

SVTPete83

Established Member
I dont know a whole lot about cams for our cars but I can tell just from the lift that those cams aren't worth much. In the world of mustangs you get what you pay for. If a set of 4v cams sounds cheep and too good to be true, they prob are. I got 306rwhp from my 96 without ever cracking a valve cover. It can be done. Don't waste your time with these

SVTPete83

Established Member
It might be better than stock. But not 300 plus install better IMO. Now if you can put em in yourself. Cool. But to gain maybe 5 hp. You're wasting your time

SVTPete83

Established Member
Depends on the duration I suppose. I personally could not install cams. I do know that I got my complete vortech kit for 1200 bucks and put down 480 to the wheels with it. Cams were the last thing on my mind lol

1989Gt.

Banned
Yea i understand buy im gonna be spraying nitrous eventually too.but i just forged and bumped up my compression as well so I figure a mild cam might give me 330 whp then spray a 75 shot and get 360whp

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
here's the thing OP- if you want to get them, then get them. I have big cams and love them. however: you will need adjustibility when degreeing the cams, LT headers and rear gears to accompany the cams or your rewards for install will be minimalized. per the cam specs however, without having valve reliefs in the flatop pistons you want to use, the small lift is key and you you will be able to clear the pistons. I wish the intake dur. were larger or the exhaust dur. smaller though.

Users who are viewing this thread