W o w

tattooed1

Established Member
We just installed the Bassani 3'' with the cat delete and the car sounds amazing.Sorry i dont have a sound clip yet but i will be working on that.I took it on a cruise from Houston to Shiner and back and got thumbs up from most people even some Haters,lol.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
ahh so youre the GT500 that went to shiner, i really wanted to go.

do you have the bassani long tubes as well?? i love it!!

mine has cats though, i want to hear it w/o

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
No headers yet but who knows what the future holds.

If you like the sound of your cat-less system, stick with what you've already done. The headers will only give you 7-10 more HP and will cost you 2-3mpg. If you have a 2.6 pulley and a CAI already you can pick up the same HP gain (7 rwhp) by adding a BBK 65mm throttle body for $300-340; if you don't have the pulley and CAI you won't get anything from the BBK throttle body. If later you add a bigger supercharger, K. Bell or Whipple, and go for 700rwhp+, then you should consider the headers for better engine heat extraction and the HP increase will be more in the 18-20rwhp range.

Did you get a custom tune worked-up on your car after the exhaust work? If not, you should; you're probably running rich.

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
If you like the sound of your cat-less system, stick with what you've already done. The headers will only give you 7-10 more HP and will cost you 2-3mpg. If you have a 2.6 pulley and a CAI already you can pick up the same HP gain (7 rwhp) by adding a BBK 65mm throttle body for $300-340; if you don't have the pulley and CAI you won't get anything from the BBK throttle body. If later you add a bigger supercharger, K. Bell or Whipple, and go for 700rwhp+, then you should consider the headers for better engine heat extraction and the HP increase will be more in the 18-20rwhp range.

Did you get a custom tune worked-up on your car after the exhaust work? If not, you should; you're probably running rich.

I dont understand where you are getting these 7-10rwhp gains? Multiple members like myself and dgussin1 have gotten significant gains from FULL exhaust. Besides longtubes tend to lower under hood temps slightly and with how hot these cars run i will take every bit of cooling i can get.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I dont understand where you are getting these 7-10rwhp gains? Multiple members like myself and dgussin1 have gotten significant gains from FULL exhaust. Besides longtubes tend to lower under hood temps slightly and with how hot these cars run i will take every bit of cooling i can get.

He's going to get another 7-10 by adding headers to what he's already done... Yes, I stated the headers will lower under hood temps (see 'heat extraction' comment in my 1st post), but IMO headers are not worth the expenditure unless he's going for big power which will also add more heat...

I've done it myself man, Kooks LT w/ off-road X-pipe (both Jet Hot coated) and Magnaflows, DynoJeted 18rwhp/22rwtq gain over stock exhaust with 2.6 pulley, JLT CAI and DiabloSport custom tune.

Sorry you didn't understand my first post... What do you think, I'm talking out of my arss? SHESH!!!!

Last edited:

tattooed1

Established Member
Thanks for the info.When i bought the JLT i had my tuner re-tune the car.Right now i am waiting for him to find a new home otherwise i will go to PSI and have Patrick take care of it.

cobra1718

Established Member
and to add to your comment. With Kooks LT's and the JLT intake I went from a base dyno pull of 412hp to 482hp on a Mustang dyno. Do the math that is a 70hp increase. Not all of that improvement was due to the intake.

Tucker

Headers don't really shine untill you pulley it, I've seen it too.

Intake/exhaust cars are around 500.
Add headers and I'd say he's right, maybe 7.

Add a pulley and you'll jump to the 550-560 range, when normal pulley caras are 525-540.

Jay

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I'm running 543 rwhp & 600 rwtq. Didn't pick up too much rwhp with the full exhaust swap, but almost 30 ftlb tq. Steeda CAI,2.6" pulley, Diablo tune, JBA ceramic coated LT's, catless X, & cat back. I am going to Whipple it though, so thats the main reason that I went with the LT's. But boy it sounds bad ass...

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
and to add to your comment. With Kooks LT's and the JLT intake I went from a base dyno pull of 412hp to 482hp on a Mustang dyno. Do the math that is a 70hp increase. Not all of that improvement was due to the intake.
Many members have gotton over 70rwhp increase with just an intake and tune. Including Muscle Mustangs..

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Many members have gotton over 70rwhp increase with just an intake and tune. Including Muscle Mustangs..

On Evo's website it says their package is worth (up to) 100 whp. Don't know what the median number is but that is pretty substantial.

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
He's going to get another 7-10 by adding headers to what he's already done... Yes, I stated the headers will lower under hood temps (see 'heat extraction' comment in my 1st post), but IMO headers are not worth the expenditure unless he's going for big power which will also add more heat...

I've done it myself man, Kooks LT w/ off-road X-pipe (both Jet Hot coated) and Magnaflows, DynoJeted 18rwhp/22rwtq gain over stock exhaust with 2.6 pulley, JLT CAI and DiabloSport custom tune.

Sorry you didn't understand my first post... What do you think, I'm talking out of my arss? SHESH!!!!

noted, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread