Wagner's stang at Texas mile.

Graboid

Established Member
I see a KP racing mustang went 217.8 on the mile. That was Saturday I think so it might have went faster. Don't have any info (other than its a newer model)on the car yet but thought I would throw it out there. They also lost their 2800hp camaro at over 220! See below link on that. I got the stang info from their FB page.

2,800-hp Camaro wrecked at 220 mph during Texas Mile speed run | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

ETA. I see MMR helped out on the stang so maybe they can give some more info.

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
that sucks to see any car take a dump at over 200.... even if it is brand x. car seemed to be a hand full last couple outings.

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Yeah the mustang is my buddies dads car. It is a 2011 gt500, they were going to run until the Camaro crashed so they called it quits and just helped KP racing.

armycook1981

Established Member
Yes the car is my fathers

It is a 2011 gt500 with a 4.0 whipple and 2 stage nitrous system, cobra jet Rear, tr6060 with liberty internals, fresh motor, numorus other custom goodies

. It's a purpose built Texas mile car. In oct it went 218 this time around it was breaking in a new motor so the set up literally had around 5-10 miles on it.. With less boost then it had from oct when it went 218 and different tuning. The goal was 220 plus for an example each test pass we gained tons of mph base test pass went 194, then 208, then 217 then tragically the camaro accident and we are in the same camp so we stopped running to assist with the situation and packed up. We had a fam member bring down a smaller pulley to increase the boost but never got that far.

On the half mile mark for the 217 pass it went 178 which was 13mph faster then oct best half mile... The car should be full throttle come its next event.

MMR yes the front bumper is the MMR one piece block off drag/mile the headlights are cut and retain

The car is nasty and has tons left in as it sits but won't know till the next event

Graboid

Established Member
Yes the car is my fathers

It is a 2011 gt500 with a 4.0 whipple and 2 stage nitrous system, cobra jet Rear, tr6060 with liberty internals, fresh motor, numorus other custom goodies

. It's a purpose built Texas mile car. In oct it went 218 this time around it was breaking in a new motor so the set up literally had around 5-10 miles on it.. With less boost then it had from oct when it went 218 and different tuning. The goal was 220 plus for an example each test pass we gained tons of mph base test pass went 194, then 208, then 217 then tragically the camaro accident and we are in the same camp so we stopped running to assist with the situation and packed up. We had a fam member bring down a smaller pulley to increase the boost but never got that far.

On the half mile mark for the 217 pass it went 178 which was 13mph faster then oct best half mile... The car should be full throttle come its next event.

MMR yes the front bumper is the MMR one piece block off drag/mile the headlights are cut and retain

The car is nasty and has tons left in as it sits but won't know till the next event

Nice thanks for the info. I had found a few more things on it but not much. Are there any videos out there of the mustang? Just found the one of it on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread