Wait on current order or go with confirmed allocation?

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Just curious for some input.

I ordered a Coupe on Jun 9th and agreed to 1,500 over MSRP. I was told by the dealer that I had an allocation when ordering, but I am figuring out now that I don't. I can't get any decent answers from the dealer.

Another dealer (found through PenFed) has an allocation. They answered all my questions today and are ready to order the car. He stated to expect up to 12 weeks til I get it. Basically to hope for the best, but expect the worst. The car is being sold at MSRP.

So -- should I continue to wait on a car from my initial order, or dump that one and go with the actual allocation.

Thanks

phil123

Established Member
You have a dealer that is charging $1500 over MSRP and you believe has lied to you about having an allocation. There is another dealer charging MSRP that definitely has an allocation. What would the question be?

Myfast70

Established Member
Just guessing; but "nonrefundable deposit"?

If that's the case tell him to call his rep because you want answers! If he can't provide you with at least a DORA number to confirm that you have a valid offer tell them to pound sand and refund your deposit.

I will say though, when I initially placed my order with the dealer they gave me a bad /wrong DORA number and it took just over a month to get a real one. Once I shoved it in their face that I am a paying customer that is ready to spend almost $70k for a car that I really don't need and that they should show me some sort of good customer service and will walk if they don't, they finally decided to give me a real DORA.

Lots of reading here and other forums helped me shoot down all of their bull$hit excuses as to why I can't get any info. They quickly learned that I was a very informed buyer and they weren't going to pull one over on me.

PenFed seems to be great to deal with and they've got awesome interest rates! I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them in the least. I wish I knew about them when my whole process started, I'd probably be driving my car by now!!

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Just guessing; but "nonrefundable deposit"?

Yes, but I don't think it will be a problem getting it back. Cancelling the 1st order in a few hours and going with the allocation.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I didn't want to wait 12 more weeks by starting over. I keep thinking the 1st order will surely be pulled to build in just a few more weeks. Prob wishful thinking.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
If the first dealer doesn't have an allocation (which, I understand this is what's so difficult to determine) you haven't lost any time. Even if you did end up waiting a few weeks extra, I think you will be better off going with the 2nd dealer in the long run.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Keep the first order but also order from the second dealer. This way you will at least get a car. Go with the first one to arrive and then cancel the other one.
Chances are the first dealer is never going to get one. Always have a plan B.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Thanks for the input.

I now am a priority 10 (which prob doesnt mean anything). The dealership already had a car going through the system for 5 weeks (for the owner). He gave me his order and we changed it up to match what I wanted.

So back to waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread