Wait to get an alignment after lowering?

Scooters

On my forth Mustang
Established Member
I am installing some Eibach pro springs on Friday. I was initially going to get an alignment Saturday, but I am now thinking of waiting a couple weeks to let the springs settle. The folks that have lowered their cars, what have you done?

Thanks,

Scott

Napoleon85

Established Member
I am installing some Eibach pro springs on Friday. I was initially going to get an alignment Saturday, but I am now thinking of waiting a couple weeks to let the springs settle. The folks that have lowered their cars, what have you done?

Thanks,

Scott

That's exactly what I did ... waited for a couple weeks for the springs to settle.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I aligned my right after the install, and we just set my camber a little bit more positive so it would even out once the springs settled. Mine only settled around 1/8" though.

kona12

Established Member
Dont need it with a prokit You should be ok..only if you gotten a lower spring setup like the sportlines because of the front camber

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I wouldnt drive it very far at a time. I am in my second week of waiting after my h&r ss kit. Will prolly get aligned after all this funky weather.

squeak93

Established Member
I always align within a few days and very few miles. Yea they settle but not enough to be out of spec.

2011roush

Established Member
Take it and have it aligned immediately to prevent premature tire wear from starting. Whoever aligns it should give you some kind of warranty and you can take it back in a month or so to have it rechecked.

scott_0

Established Member
I wouldnt wait too long, youre gonna have more toe out which chew up your tires quickly, depending on the amount of miles you drive, I wouldnt wait more than 100mi or so

Users who are viewing this thread