Waiting for my car to get back from the dealership..

RTR GHIG

Established Member
It's already been in the dealer once already, for a leaking rear differential. That was back around last octoberish. Now it's for a weird knocking noise that comes and goes. Only happens when I'm around 70mph or more. Not sure if its me, but I swear when I hear the noise, I can see the hood vibrating, but never interferes with the actual drive (smooth & no wheel vibration can be felt on steering wheel.). The wife says she feels it around the passenger floor board. Car currently has 24k miles on it. Dealership mechanic was actually scared when he heard it, cause he thought a wheel was coming off. So he had his foreman go with him, and they think its the driveshaft. Was suppose to have it back yesterday, but never received a call. So kinda thinking its not the driveshaft like they thought.

RTR GHIG

Established Member
It's at Jordan right now. I'm gonna call them up tomorrow, and ask them if its still making the noise or not. I thought maybe it was possibly something with the suspension, since they were the ones who installed the RTR package. I know it's been 24k miles since they put it on, just thought something needed to be torqued down again.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
It's at Jordan right now. I'm gonna call them up tomorrow, and ask them if its still making the noise or not. I thought maybe it was possibly something with the suspension, since they were the ones who installed the RTR package. I know it's been 24k miles since they put it on, just thought something needed to be torqued down again.

RTR GHIG,

Have you heard back from your dealer yet today? I'm happy to lend you a hand. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see what I can do.

Ashley

RTR GHIG

Established Member
RTR GHIG,

Have you heard back from your dealer yet today? I'm happy to lend you a hand. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see what I can do.

Ashley

Thanks Ashley! I did hear from them this morning, and they say its ready. We will see if it actually was the driveshaft or not.

RTR GHIG

Established Member
Well, drove it home and seemed like it was good. I'll find out tomorrow for sure if it was the driveshaft, after a good day of driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread