Wakeboarders ?

Mr. Whistle

Established Member
:rockon:Just wondering if anyone does any wakeboarding on here. I went out for the first time friday and today and absolutely love it. Friday i made 5 or 6 pulls trying to get up on the water but kept face planting(lol). But today first pull i got up and from there out kept improving. Even already got down crossing from one side of the wake to the other down today ! :rockon:

assasyn

Established Member
I did for a while. It's a great work out.

Were you trying to get up with the board perpendicular to the back of the boat or parallel with the back of the boat?

Mr. Whistle

Established Member
I did for a while. It's a great work out.

Were you trying to get up with the board perpendicular to the back of the boat or parallel with the back of the boat?

parallel, its so easy to get up lol i think i was just trying to hard yesterday and thats why i kept eating it. After i got up once i had it down with ease. Im excited to see what comes from it this summer. Hoping if the weather stays nice i want to be able to jump wake to wake by june.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i do it up at lake winnepasaukee every year. the first year was the most hilarious and most painful. my dad didnt know how fast to drive so hes going like 30mph the whole day. I almost got knocked unconcious when my face hit the water at 30mph and the day ended with me and my friend driving our other friend to the emergency room because he fell off the wakeboard at 30+ mph and was bleeding from his ear after and couldnt hear anything lol.

Mr. Whistle

Established Member
i do it up at lake winnepasaukee every year. the first year was the most hilarious and most painful. my dad didnt know how fast to drive so hes going like 30mph the whole day. I almost got knocked unconcious when my face hit the water at 30mph and the day ended with me and my friend driving our other friend to the emergency room because he fell off the wakeboard at 30+ mph and was bleeding from his ear after and couldnt hear anything lol.

:nono: 30mph had to hurt lol. we had it set at 20-21 and i think its just right. You have plenty of speed to do whatever you want, yet when you go down its not bad. Still knocked the wind out of me on one when i crossed that wake a little to fast haha

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Lol. I was able to get up within a few tries. I also felt comfortable enough to speed up and go in and out of the wake. But when I mustered up the strength to try and jump the wake, man did my face hit the water hard! LOL it was fun I would try again if given the opportunity.

C.Wied

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
:rockon:Just wondering if anyone does any wakeboarding on here. I went out for the first time friday and today and absolutely love it. Friday i made 5 or 6 pulls trying to get up on the water but kept face planting(lol). But today first pull i got up and from there out kept improving. Even already got down crossing from one side of the wake to the other down today ! :rockon:

Sounds like me the first time on waterskis. Winnapasakee (sp?) is awesome in general though

Mr. Whistle

Established Member
Lol. I was able to get up within a few tries. I also felt comfortable enough to speed up and go in and out of the wake. But when I mustered up the strength to try and jump the wake, man did my face hit the water hard! LOL it was fun I would try again if given the opportunity.

C.Wied

:kaboom: lol It can hurt, but for some reason its still fun. I guess no pain no gain ? I really hope i get the wake to wake jump down before summers up(would be nice to get it done by june)

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
I failed miserably the only time ive gone out and tried. Im determined to get up though. My buddy is preparing to set the world record for a wakeboard jump. He's speaking with FUEL TV and RedBull and other sponsors as well. Texas Mastercraft is providing the boat and I've already seen where he is gonna be doing the jump. Pretty exicited for him. let's see how his knee holds up, he just had surgery on it since he screwed it up wakeboarding lol.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Wakeboarding?......it's 'aight. :rockon:

254863_207588212616487_100000959280247_533288_2112180_n.jpg

248394_208137742561534_6562908_n.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've done it a few times. First time I tried I could barely get up, but I found out it was because the boat wasn't powerful enough. Tried it on a buddy's Tige and got up easy. Helluva workout, I get pretty tired after a few runs.

We went a few times last year behind my friend's dual engine Formula. Faceplanted pretty bad once and thought I had a concussion. Then the next time out, I fell on my back and tensed up my stomach to keep myself from smacking my head on the water. Ended up pulling an ab muscle and could barely pull myself back up on the boat. Damn near the worst pain I've experienced, still hurts almost a year later.

My roommates are really big into it though. They bought an '07 Supra last year and tricked it all out with tons of ballast bags and speakers, etc. They go out almost every weekend over the summer and finally learned how to do backflips at the end of last year.

stangaholic280

Established Member
I've done it a few times. First time I tried I could barely get up, but I found out it was because the boat wasn't powerful enough. Tried it on a buddy's Tige and got up easy. Helluva workout, I get pretty tired after a few runs.

We went a few times last year behind my friend's dual engine Formula. Faceplanted pretty bad once and thought I had a concussion. Then the next time out, I fell on my back and tensed up my stomach to keep myself from smacking my head on the water. Ended up pulling an ab muscle and could barely pull myself back up on the boat. Damn near the worst pain I've experienced, still hurts almost a year later.

My roommates are really big into it though. They bought an '07 Supra last year and tricked it all out with tons of ballast bags and speakers, etc. They go out almost every weekend over the summer and finally learned how to do backflips at the end of last year.

The right boat is everything. The wakeboard tower is also a big key. If you are being pulled by a boat that doesn't have one, it makes it sooo much more difficult.

My boat actually isn't a dedicated wakeboarding boat even though it has a tower. It is considered a run-about. It doesn't create as much wake as a Supra or the like would. I am considering adding ballast tanks to it in the future to make it more wakeboarder friendly. Still a lot of fun though and it's great a great boat for beginner wakeboarders.

trevkm7

Established Member
love wakeboarding. Went alot one summer and ended up being able to clear the wake by alot by the end.But never went again after that summer. I always thought it was fun cuz you could try stuff thats pretty crazy knowing its just water your landing on instead of pavement or hard snow like alot of other similar sports.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Learned to wakeboard and while it was fun, I enjoy kneeboarding a lot more...

The problem for me is standing up means a harder fall:D I haven't gotten to go kneeboarding in the last two years so I hope to change that this year.

Trev- I agree that water is more forgiving when you fall, but if you are going fast enough, it will hurt like a mofo. When I was kneeboarding, boat took a left and I cut a hard right. Boat straightend out and then I cut a hard left to clear the wake. Hit the wake, nose was down, caught the water and slammed me face first into the lake. I was done for the day after that...

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Learned to wakeboard and while it was fun, I enjoy kneeboarding a lot more...

The problem for me is standing up means a harder fall:D I haven't gotten to go kneeboarding in the last two years so I hope to change that this year.

Trev- I agree that water is more forgiving when you fall, but if you are going fast enough, it will hurt like a mofo. When I was kneeboarding, boat took a left and I cut a hard right. Boat straightend out and then I cut a hard left to clear the wake. Hit the wake, nose was down, caught the water and slammed me face first into the lake. I was done for the day after that...

Wakeboarding is way more fun than kneeboarding. You can't do anything on a kneeboard except get beat up. Cool that you kneeboard though. Never really see anyone doing it much. I have been boarding for almost 15 years. I still crash all the time. Just part of the fun. Boat makes all the difference though.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Wakeboarding is way more fun than kneeboarding. You can't do anything on a kneeboard except get beat up. Cool that you kneeboard though. Never really see anyone doing it much. I have been boarding for almost 15 years. I still crash all the time. Just part of the fun. Boat makes all the difference though.

I know what you mean on the boat. I was behind a fishing boat that had the rope anchored low on the back, so that's why the nose came down when I got some air. I have yet to try a boat like what's pictured above.

I can see how wakeboarding can be more fun because you aren't as limited as you are with kneeboarding, but I like to cut and jump a lot. It's also fun when you get at least two people out there because you can change up ropes, splash each other, etc.

My cousing acutally picked up a wakeboard last year and hasn't tried it yet. Maybe I'll give it another shot and see how it goes.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I know what you mean on the boat. I was behind a fishing boat that had the rope anchored low on the back, so that's why the nose came down when I got some air. I have yet to try a boat like what's pictured above.

I can see how wakeboarding can be more fun because you aren't as limited as you are with kneeboarding, but I like to cut and jump a lot. It's also fun when you get at least two people out there because you can change up ropes, splash each other, etc.

My cousing acutally picked up a wakeboard last year and hasn't tried it yet. Maybe I'll give it another shot and see how it goes.

We do the same wakeboarding. Usually ride doubles and jump ropes. Def give it another shot. The equipment also makes a difference. I went on a trip with my gf's family. They are all skiers. A few have wakeboarded. None of them wanted to do it again because the board they were on was crap. Once I convinced them to try my board, they were hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread