Waking up with body parts "asleep"

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Does this happen to anyone?

This happens to me pretty often but it started only a couple of months ago. When I fall asleep I pass out pretty hard and sometime I will fall asleep on my arm. :sleeping: I will wake up in the middle of the night and my whole arm will be completly dead, like I try to move it wont move lol. :dw: Its weird grabbing your arm and not being able to move it or have feelings in it, its pretty heavey lol.

It freaked me the hell out the first time because I thought I had broken my arm and I couldn't move it but now it happens pretty often lol

redstang98

slooooooow
Established Member
Does this happen to anyone?

This happens to me pretty often but it started only a couple of months ago. When I fall asleep I pass out pretty hard and sometime I will fall asleep on my arm. :sleeping: I will wake up in the middle of the night and my whole arm will be completly dead, like I try to move it wont move lol. :dw: Its weird grabbing your arm and not being able to move it or have feelings in it, its pretty heavey lol.

It freaked me the hell out the first time because I thought I had broken my arm and I couldn't move it but now it happens pretty often lol

Weird, this happened to me when I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I couldn't get it out from under my pillow. Couldn't rollover because of the position it was in so I had to like slide my left arm under me and then under the pillow and pull my arm out. Usually I can move it enough to at least rollover, but this time there was absolutely nothing happening. Then the feeling didn't come back right away like it usually does so I got a little worried. It's not the most fun way to wake up, but once it is out from under the pillow it's fun to mess around with before the feeling comes back, haha.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Ya, that happens to me if I sleep on my stomach with my arm under the pillow. A few times I woke up all pissed off because I rolled over and ended up smaking myself in the face with my "dead" arm. I woke up wondering who just smacked me in the head, then I noticed it was me.

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
I've had that happen a couple times before. I'll usually just pull it out from under the pillow with my other arm and the blood eventually starts circulating again. No ill effects noted but I guess it isn't exactly healthy to cut off the blood flow to your arm like that.

bullitt5177

I Eat Rice
Established Member
I had that happen to me for the first time about a year ago. Scared the bejesus out of me at first, then I started to get some feeling back in it, and realized what happened. Hurts like a bitch when it does come back though.

Sinnz28

Established Member
Happens to me on a nightly basis. i woke the girlfriend up freaking out the first time.
Now i just laugh it off.

usaf_eagle

Established Member
sheit you want to talk about scary.. try having a dream where your arm was just chopped off only to wake up and not be able to feel your arm..

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
Ya, that happens to me if I sleep on my stomach with my arm under the pillow. A few times I woke up all pissed off because I rolled over and ended up smaking myself in the face with my "dead" arm. I woke up wondering who just smacked me in the head, then I noticed it was me.

:lol:

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
lol this used to happen to me, but now its usually just my fingers that go numb lol

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Odd that this was posted today. I usually sleep on my back, but sometimes I'll roll over on my stomach while I'm sleeping. Last night I rolled over on my arm and it was completely asleep when I woke up. Pins and needles like a mofo.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Happened to my thumb once. Couldn't move it good for 3 hours. I was scared. after 1 hour I could move it down but not up. after 3 it was fine.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
If I sit on the shitter for too long my legs go numb as a motha!

I can normally make it 1/2 way back to my room before the pins and needles come like fire from the deepest pits of hell. At that point I lay on my tummy and stare at the bottom edge of the couch until I can walk again.

Users who are viewing this thread