Walbro 255lph GSS342 Fuel Pump

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
The search on this site needs some work imo so I'm making a new thread to ask what should be a basic question. having troulbe finding any good reviews or suggestions.

I am need of some new fuel pumps. Not so much due to power, I make 470hp with a upper only. For whatever reason my fuel pumps are dying. I need somthing that is very streetable but still better than stock.

Is the 255lph a good option? This car should never see over 550hp. I just want to make sure im not buying somthing that will over heat in traffic.

sorry for the new thread thats proly been done and thanks for any help.

mr2cam

Established Member
bump for answer too, looking to buy an 03 cobra that made 490ish rwhp and is still on the stock fuel pump and injectors, curious on if I have enough pump.

Black306

Established Member
The general consensus is that a GSS342 pump will not work long-term with returnless fuel systems. Although I wouldn't mind hearing direct experience from people that have run GSS pumps in a returnless fuel system and had them fail. A GSS pump is basically an electric motor and most electric motors don't have an issue with pulse modulation.

If you know that you are not going to run over 600rwhp, I recently discovered a little known fuel pump; Walbro F10000137. It is identical in dimensions to a GT pump, but flows ~190lbh to a GT's 225lph (as tested by myself 12v@40psi). Only difference is a check valve installed in the outlet, which can easily be removed. Airtex uses those pumps in their E2515 and E2254 kits. I've found them in other kits, but those are among the cheapest. (~$80/each online.)

Have you considered a BAP? A BAP will meet your needs and be the easiest to install. You won't even have to drop the tank.

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
i did look into bap, but for whatever reason i belive the pump to be dying. not jsut due to the power. i only make 470, a stock pump should fine at that level i thought.

i dont have cash for a whole new fuel system so im looking for a moderate performance pump

Users who are viewing this thread