Wanna go big

stop2go41

Established Member
Back ground: I Have had more mustangs than I have fingers and recently found a 01' lightning with a built motor (fox lake which I am researching) it has a 2.3 kenne bell puts down 570/620. I have researched the truck (man lightning community is so tight ) and found previous owners which is really cool. I also have an 11 GT500 with 720rwhp (pulled timing to make it safe in stock motor).

The question is what is the route to get a low 11 high 10 lightning for blower and transmission? I have over built all my previous builds but I have several shops in NC that are $hit hot on mustangs but wanted to throw this out there to the lightning gods for advice. The truck needs to be reliable (within reason!) and I don't wanna break stuff all the time. So for 650-700 rwhp is this do able and what is the best course of action for transmission (who does it right the first time), and what blower is everybody running ?

I am appreciate all of the advice and to be honest this far the lightning crowd is awesome, the trucks are awesome and I know you guys have this figured out so I throw it to the SVTP for advice. no spray!!!

stop2go41

Established Member
I was almost sold the truck as the single cab was killing me but I am keeping now and just wanna do this once.

Users who are viewing this thread