Wanna lower the car!!!

Bingo13

Established Member
The 2000 Cobra "R" springs work very well also if you want to stay around a 1" drop. :D

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
I wanna lower to, but I don't want a jarring stiff ride. I've made that mistake in the past. Looking for 1.5" and a near stock ride.

Poison_S

Established Member
lowered ride height

Check my sig. links for more info. and pics.

The steeda sportline springs lowered my Cobra 1.25" on all four corners, which as far as I have seen is the least agressive drop (H&R is more like 1.5"). In addition, the spring constants are almost a match the coupe spring constants.

Factory Ford 2003 Cobra Coupe Springs:
F=600 lbs/in
R=600 lbs/in

Steeda Progressive Springs for the 03 Cobra:
F=550-650 lbs/in
R=550-650 lbs/in

I have yet to completely bottom out and I am used to the lowered height, knowing how to enter/exit sloped drives.

Good luck with your decision.

torchred03

Established Member
I have Eibach's on mine installed them in Sep. I love the stance it gives the car, PLUS I kept the stock ride. I bought from a local dealer, in Benson , NC. fastlanemotorsports.com

just my $00.02

grnenvy

Established Member
My friend bill has an 03 cobra saleen. It is lower than mine and it rides a little stiff, but it looks great. I measured the stance and it is one inch lower.

Bosko

Established Member
If you lower an 03 1.5in all the way around, Can you still fit some 15inch wheels with slicks in the back? or will it be too low?

gunsfan

Originally posted by Snakebitten
I wanna lower to, but I don't want a jarring stiff ride. I've made that mistake in the past. Looking for 1.5" and a near stock ride.

Eibach Progressives, with aftermarket Shocks and struts. You're ride will be close to stock. They don't have to be Eibach, just as long as you don't get a specific rate spring.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by svt2003
Whats the best lowering kit and where do I get it?

If you want it done right, get a adjustable bumpsteer kit and have it correctly installed and setup when the car is lowered.

Users who are viewing this thread