Want a turbo terminator!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Wow on 15 PSI the curve looks pretty strong, on the second one like you said the turbos looked maxed and were tapering off a bit! But sick numbers otherwise!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
No graph right now, I'll see if I can dig it up, I can tell you it spools rather quickly for the setup, going to swap to 3.27 rear gears to put more load on the turbo and it should help, I see full boost around 4500 RPM. Usually the letter just denotes the maker ie T = turbonetics, PT = Precision turbo, GT = Garrett

Thanks man, are you seeing traction problems because of the quick spool and shorter gearing? I was trying to figure out what seems to be a better route to go as far as gearing with a high power turbo car. Seems like lower stock or 3.27 would be best.

MGC

Established Member
Thanks man, are you seeing traction problems because of the quick spool and shorter gearing? I was trying to figure out what seems to be a better route to go as far as gearing with a high power turbo car. Seems like lower stock or 3.27 would be best.

Car has 3.73's in it now which don't put enough load on it to spool fast plus it being a 88mm it takes slightly longer to spool, so once it spools it's time to shift already... 3.27's will allow it stretch it's legs with the longer gearing, plus spool faster because of more load on the engine (turbo's run off engine load, not rpm.) Yes, I'm hoping that the gearing change will spool it earlier on in the rpm range (will give the tires a chance to catch up), right now it hits full boost and basically shocks the tires so hard it's just a spin fest.

Thanks MGC...Also, I HAD 4.10 gears in the car...Now I have 3.55's. Hope that helps too.

Oh gotcha, yeah 4.10's is too steep for a turbo car. 3.55's is a much better choice. :beer:

zracer196

Established Member
MCG..Changed the GP to 12 (from 10). Seems like a BIG difference! I don't remember this much of a traction problem! LOL!!! And that's with MT Drags...

I will be playing with it more...But for now...Much happier!!

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Anyone else have some answers to my questions?
Specifically
" And last one, why is it that I notice sometimes on a turbo cars dyno graph it will peak towards like 5000-5500 RPM than fall off after? Isn't one of the great things about a turbo the fact that it pulls and pulls and pulls?"

Alot of the reason the dyno graph falls on some turbo cars is because turbo's spool off of load. Dyno jet dyno's and simular ones do not put enough load on the car to keep the exaust pressure up.

For instance,on the road you have the wind and weight of the car causing more strain on the motor. On the dyno you do not.

See what im trying to say? Its hard for me to explain:shrug:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Alot of the reason the dyno graph falls on some turbo cars is because turbo's spool off of load. Dyno jet dyno's and simular ones do not put enough load on the car to keep the exaust pressure up.

For instance,on the road you have the wind and weight of the car causing more strain on the motor. On the dyno you do not.

See what im trying to say? Its hard for me to explain:shrug:

Thanks man yea it makes sense to me!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Anyone considering or willing to sell their Turbo cobra? Color must be black, I have a WTB thread up if anyone would like to take a look. The turbo terminator market seems to be quite dry lately.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I'm bumping this back up. If anyone is willing to sell their black turbo coupe please PM me. You can look at my WTB add in the terminator section for what I'm looking for. It also states what I'm able to spend! Thanks guys. I don't mean to be desperate sounding but I just got bad news, If I don't have/find a car by time classes start (sept 1 roughly) I will have to buy a knock around daily because I am car less at the moment lol. If I need to do that then I will not be able to get a cobra until possibly next summer or after Christmas time! :(!

Users who are viewing this thread