Want a turbo terminator!

snakeraper11b

Established Member
There's tons of factors that determine when boost begins and where power falls off. Pinion gear ratios, cams, compression, displacement, header design, thermal efficiency of the piping, A/R of the compressor and turbine....the list goes on and on. As for the boost controller, it will depend on if you have something like an eboostII or a manual boost controller. Most street settings will not be able to be turned up to kill on the fly because that almost always requires higher octane fuel. So unless you plan on running a variable boost meth injection system or E85, I wouldn't be too worried about going from say 600hp to 850hp at the drop of a dime. With that being said, having the meth system isnt a bad idea at all, especially if you only have access to 93 octane in Ny. Same thing here in Ca, best we have is 91!!! I plan on running meth when I go HPP twin 50's next summer.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I dont know man. I cant even get my street tune to hook up 100% on the street with Hoosier QTP so turning it up is kinda out of the question. The fun about turbo cars is that they are calm as can be until the boost comes on. Then its holy mother of god! lol

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
my turbo car is nice and calm...than it hits boost and i feel like it might suck little children off the sidewalk into my inlet. It's also nice how quiet my car is now. I can change boost between 8 tunes in the matter of seconds with one touch

SVTCobra60

Established Member
There's tons of factors that determine when boost begins and where power falls off. Pinion gear ratios, cams, compression, displacement, header design, thermal efficiency of the piping, A/R of the compressor and turbine....the list goes on and on. As for the boost controller, it will depend on if you have something like an eboostII or a manual boost controller. Most street settings will not be able to be turned up to kill on the fly because that almost always requires higher octane fuel. So unless you plan on running a variable boost meth injection system or E85, I wouldn't be too worried about going from say 600hp to 850hp at the drop of a dime. With that being said, having the meth system isnt a bad idea at all, especially if you only have access to 93 octane in Ny. Same thing here in Ca, best we have is 91!!! I plan on running meth when I go HPP twin 50's next summer.

That's very true (when the boost will come in). I know there are a lot of factors but what just wondering if it can be slightly adjusted with the boost controller. Well there are a lot of guys making like 800-900 HP on pump gas with twins. To me that's kill mode haha, I'm not talking 1100. Although I am lucky and have 5+ E85 stations within a few miles from me! Not sure I understand the sentence I bolded/underlined. Are you saying I CAN do that, given I have the right fuel, or I CAN'T do that?

I dont know man. I cant even get my street tune to hook up 100% on the street with Hoosier QTP so turning it up is kinda out of the question. The fun about turbo cars is that they are calm as can be until the boost comes on. Then its holy mother of god! lol

Haha yea that's what I hear! What is your street tune numbers?

my turbo car is nice and calm...than it hits boost and i feel like it might suck little children off the sidewalk into my inlet. It's also nice how quiet my car is now. I can change boost between 8 tunes in the matter of seconds with one touch

LOL! That's awesome, how exactly do you go about changing boost levels? Do you need to change the boost on the controller than change which tune your using?

Thanks guys

ruthless

Established Member
Oh your running a TH400 now? Those were good numbers with the T56 at that boost level.

Thank you. I swapped out the T-56 for the th400 when those number came up. I felt selling the T-56 while it was still mint was a better option to selling it blown up. Dont let the th400 numbers fool you. The car is unreal with the th400 and it spool too fast for the street with the manual boost controller. After I get the AMS-500 boost controller in I am going to set it to ramp up the boost so I can hold traction.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Yea I've heard that the auto trans + turbo cobras make for an unreal car! I wouldn't mind going with an auto as long as I had a turbo setup. Just due to how efficient it makes it!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Don't worry I'm not trying to buy your car! Just simply complimenting it! Would like to see some pictures though, care to post some?

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Nice build, good looking graph, peaks pretty early than stays fairly flat the rest of the way, only slight drop! I couldn't find the auto dyno graph though!

ruthless

Established Member
Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Wow that's a similar curve. Oh I'd love to see how it changes when you get the other one! 23+ would put you at like 800 through the auto wouldn't it

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
my car dead hooked on mt 295-45-17 street tread dr's making 700 through the auto....and the car trapped 142 on that power level on 93......i would recommend a single over twins all day with an auto less plumbing and space to worry about.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
my car dead hooked on mt 295-45-17 street tread dr's making 700 through the auto....and the car trapped 142 on that power level on 93......i would recommend a single over twins all day with an auto less plumbing and space to worry about.

That's unreal! Yes that definitely is the advantage over the twins! Less work

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
twins for the most part are for wow factor unless you have a race car that actually benefits from two decently sized turbos, with how efficient and lightweight wheels are becoming one tubo for a street car will do the same job sometimes better than two.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Thank you. I swapped out the T-56 for the th400 when those number came up. I felt selling the T-56 while it was still mint was a better option to selling it blown up. Dont let the th400 numbers fool you. The car is unreal with the th400 and it spool too fast for the street with the manual boost controller. After I get the AMS-500 boost controller in I am going to set it to ramp up the boost so I can hold traction.
Wow. I know the dyno numbers don't mean anything due to the converter set-up dynamics, etc but man, the TH400 sucked up 200 ft-lbs of torque! But like you said, it doesn't matter as the car is much faster. I just swapped to an auto (4R) with larger turbos and have a feeling I'll have to ramp in the boost and/or do boost by gear.

Users who are viewing this thread