Want to buy a 1996 Cobra Export (Gulf Spec?)

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
i dont think the supra looks that bad, just take the wing off and put a factory one on it
To me that wing doesn't look any worse that the stock one, because i hated the stock ones too... The main reason i would want to get this car is because, after 2 years my company will have actually paid for it and i would ship it home then sell it. If you look at AutoTrader.com, equally modded Supra are selling for $50k+. I dont think they are worth that much, but hey, if someone wants to pay me that much for a car i bought for damn near free, that's all good with me.
The Testarossa is one of my all-time favorite cars. The real drawback is maintenance. I once read the cost of the full routine service was about
$12K. They are very expensive to keep running. I'll always love them though.
Ya, i always like the TR as well, which is why i considered it, i did the math and i would have only paid $25k for it in the long run, but at my appointment today i found out it was Euro Spec and didnt have cats or safety bumpers.

The Supra is about a 3 hour drive from where i live. i called and left a message and emailed the guy, asking if i could come look at it this weekend, since i will be in Dubai to party that night, i was going to look at the car then drive back to Dubai for the night. I am in Abu Dhabi, Dubai is about 1 hour north of me, and the Supra is about 1 hour north of Dubai. I'll keep ya informed on what i end up with. I have found a '79 Trans Am and a '72 Mustang Mach 1, but both are way over priced and have some rust..

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i say do it then... but while ya have it, give it hell..lol. find a bald guy to ride with you and hold a laptop, then make him say "smoke 'em" at every stop light.

COBRASVT

Established Member
If you're look'n n2 buying a Ferrari, look for a well kept 355 spyder. Fun as hell with the top down...easier to maintain and holds up fairly well. And the looks are outstanding. It's considered the entry level Ferrari, but still out of the reach of most. The used market should be nice on them over there.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
i say do it then... but while ya have it, give it hell..lol. find a bald guy to ride with you and hold a laptop, then make him say "smoke 'em" at every stop light.
:dw: Actually, I shave my head and go to the gym everyday, so i guess i should find some hippy surfbording loser to ride shotgun.

If you're look'n n2 buying a Ferrari, look for a well kept 355 spyder. Fun as hell with the top down...easier to maintain and holds up fairly well. And the looks are outstanding. It's considered the entry level Ferrari, but still out of the reach of most. The used market should be nice on them over there.
Ya, I've had my eye on those for years but so far around here they are typical prices. But I'm always on the look-out. Every now and then some really rich guy will put a nice car for really cheap just because he wants room in his driveway for something better. For example, I was a day late but there was guy that sold his 2005 Dodge Viper for $25k. just so he could buy the 2008 model. And another guy sold his 2006 Corvette Z06 for $30k just so he could get the 2008 Z06.
This place is bad for that. My neighbor owns, 2 2008 Bentley Cont'GT, '08 Ferrari 599GTB, '08 Lamborghini Murcielago, '07 BMW X5, '07 Mercedes AMG55, '06 BMW 7-series. The BMW's are for his wife and his white Bentley is his daily driver.
The neighbor to my other side has an older Rolls Royce and a new Porsche Turbo, but i dont talk to him much. Sadly, i am the trash of the neighborhood because i just drive a rented '08 Mazda 6.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Well, i think i have found something. Nothing special, just a friend that has something he needs to get rid of. Its a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Barely any miles on it and its just one of those take over my loan situations, i think he owes about $15k still. But the monthly payment is way below my transportation allowance. I was looking it over yesterday, and i noticed a sticker under the hood that says "...although this vehicle is equipped with an emissions system, it is not for sale in the USA..." So i was wondering, if that means it can still be imported back to the states and just not sold or if it means it cant be registered in the states. I ran the VIN through car-fax and it knows what it is but has no records, which is what i expected for it being an Export. I could probably contact the Jeep dealer here where he bought it from and ask them if they know what it will need for reentry. I have another friend here that bought some safari looking SUV, and he said he found where it said he can import it to he US but can never sale it. So if he imports it, its always going to be his. But his is diesel and they have different laws on emissions requirements.

Just thought I'd let yall know.

05042008113.gif

05042008112.gif

05042008111.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread