Want To Do Lighted Window Switches....

Matt M PA

Established Member
I am wondering if anyone knows if there are switches from another Ford vehicle that would fit our cars? I would really like to have lit door lock and window switches like my Excursion.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I'm thinking it would be a major pain, not only do you need the swithes but you would have to install some sort of lighting source....

Willie

Established Member
I had a Lightning and sold it to buy my Cobra. I was in shock to find out that none of the door switches are backlit like in the Lightning! I originally thought I had a blown fuse! Also, the Lightning steering wheel cruise control switches are lit but not on the Cobra. I was almost tempted to swap out steering wheels before selling the L. I'm not positive but maybe the L window & door lock switches can be used. Wiring wouldn't be too difficult -- routing through the doors might be the toughest thing to do.

Matt M PA

Established Member
I know that the Cobra's switches are like my old Bronco's. They have pins on the back that plug into a "board" that screws into the door panel. You simply pry them off and replace. I was hoping to find switches that would plug in.

Power is already there. You can tap from the blue and black wires that feed the windows. You would then run those wires to the switches. They would be lit anytime the ignition is on. I have tried back lighting, but it just doesn';t work.

(In my GTS, I found that the power window switches were used in the Caravan...just not powered in Vipers. I made a tap that went from the rear defrost illumination to the switches. They now light with the headlights. They lit up green though, so I switched the LEDs inside to match the dash lights.)

Users who are viewing this thread