Want to go catless

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Hey everyone. I recently installed Pype bomb muffler deletes, love the sound but I want more. I want to remove the factory cats and was wondering what would be the best option out there? I installed the muffler deletes myself, took about 60 minutes. I would normally take my car to JPC but I'm trying to save a buck. I'll end up taking it to Justin for a tune afterward. Thanks.

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
I did the lethal offroad H pipe yesterday by myself. Would have been much easier with a extra person or on a rack, but that certainly gets rid of the cats....but Id bet you would think it will be too loud then. Im still running stock mufflers and it got quite a bit louder without cats.

pohnjarker

Established Member
Jegs and BBK have cat deletes or you could go o/r x or h pipe by lethal

I put the jegs cat delete which bolted right up to my heartthrob catback and it is pretty damn loud at start up and WOT but i like that

SicShelby09

Banned
Hey everyone. I recently installed Pype bomb muffler deletes, love the sound but I want more. I want to remove the factory cats and was wondering what would be the best option out there? I installed the muffler deletes myself, took about 60 minutes. I would normally take my car to JPC but I'm trying to save a buck. I'll end up taking it to Justin for a tune afterward. Thanks.

Your car is going to be nascar loud. The way its done is muffler deletes if you are going to stay catted. Muffler setup if you want to go offroad. Unless you really like a LOUD car. And its not just loud, its ungodly loud. Like ticket me in a second from when I pull out of my driveway loud. Trust me, you will be looking for mufflers once that offroad pipe goes on.

chao5.0

Established Member
are the factory resonators still in? if so remove those first before swapping to cat deletes.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Your car is going to be nascar loud. The way its done is muffler deletes if you are going to stay catted. Muffler setup if you want to go offroad. Unless you really like a LOUD car. And its not just loud, its ungodly loud. Like ticket me in a second from when I pull out of my driveway loud. Trust me, you will be looking for mufflers once that offroad pipe goes on.

When I was younger I would have said "This is what I am doing thanks for the advice!". Now I am old and just want a good sound haha.

SicShelby09

Banned
When I was younger I would have said "This is what I am doing thanks for the advice!". Now I am old and just want a good sound haha.

Then the best advice would be some over the axle pipes to replace the stock ones with the resonators or just go to a muffler shop and have them cut those out and weld in pipes in place. And odds are the muffler shop may give you some push back about removing them if they think they are some sort of emissions part.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If you ditch the cats, you will want mufflers. I like loud cars. I had Roush on my car with no resonators and cats. It was loud. I ditched the cats, it was incredibly loud.

I now have GT500s and 3 inch Race Bullets as resonators...and it is still loud. LOL. If the stock mufflers did not sound so tinny with an X pipe, I would probably stick with them. I may look for something between the stockers and the GT500s. I have collected 4 tickets with this car since I got it in October, it generates way too much attention.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
If you ditch the cats, you will want mufflers. I like loud cars. I had Roush on my car with no resonators and cats. It was loud. I ditched the cats, it was incredibly loud.

I now have GT500s and 3 inch Race Bullets as resonators...and it is still loud. LOL. If the stock mufflers did not sound so tinny with an X pipe, I would probably stick with them. I may look for something between the stockers and the GT500s. I have collected 4 tickets with this car since I got it in October, it generates way too much attention.

Mike
wow cops are anal about sound ordinances there i take it?

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
If you go with no cats I suggest to at least run a resonator or straight through muffler to take some rasp out. I had mag comp cat back and off road x for almost two years. Never been pulled over for loud.

Use a long extension 24 inch to get header collector bolt on passenger side from under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread