Want to lower '95, don't want to KILL ride and traction

Kenny H

Established Member
The car is a '95 GT with chrome bullets. The car sits too high, I need to lower it. I don't want to kill the ride completely, I also want some hopes of hooking at the track relatively well.

I'm looking for some feedback. If it matters, the car is full weight, as seen here.

Its a weekend car that will see the strip a few times a year. I'm not looking to cut 1.5 short times with it, but at the same time I want some weight transfer and don't want to feel/ride like I'm driving a '79 F100 pick-up.

What are my best options, of course I'm looking to stay within a budget here. Right now I'm leaning towards coil overs. Thoughts??

jzepp

Established Member
I want to do coilovers so bad also but i hear everybody just say to go with conventional lowering springs........its alot cheaper but i am being so anal about the drop i want and none of the springs for a convertible will drop the way i want it.

silver99gt

Banned
I've got the Eibach Pro-kit on mine, it sits nice but there are definitely better springs out there. I would go with MM or Steedas.

JasonSnake

Established Member
with my eibach sportlines, they can get bumpy, but I don't consider it harsh unless things inside the car started to rattle. I guess it really depends on what shocks/struts you get too. BTW, I love your bullitts man :beer: :bowdown:

NXGHOST

Established Member
I went through many springs that ruined my 60' times until I went to Ford B springs. I use them along with Lakewood 70/30's up front and 50/50's in the rear. Rides great on the street and cuts 1.55 60' times!

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I had an Eibach Pro-Kit and it rode nice but for better performance, I'd go with whatever maximum motorsports recommends.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
NXGHOST said:
I went through many springs that ruined my 60' times until I went to Ford B springs. I use them along with Lakewood 70/30's up front and 50/50's in the rear. Rides great on the street and cuts 1.55 60' times!

Where did you get your springs? :beer:

Kenny H

Established Member
Can I do JUST B-springs and keep everything else stock?

The coil overs would be great but they aren't cheap. Any idea where the cheapest place to get them at is, and whats a 'normal' price to pay?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
FMS B-springs are great, or do what I did, which is use Eibach drags on the back and 4-cyl springs in front. See sig.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Kenny H said:
Can I do JUST B-springs and keep everything else stock?

The coil overs would be great but they aren't cheap. Any idea where the cheapest place to get them at is, and whats a 'normal' price to pay?
Yeah you can use the b's with stock shocks. MMR has a special on the rear coilovers over on corral. Its like 180 shipped and then you could go with cut 4 cylinder springs up front.

Users who are viewing this thread