Want to purchase a GT500

ChromeCobra

Established Member
How do you get ahold of one. I know you have to place an order for them, which I dont have a problem with, but how do you go about getting one? Is it just a go to your local dealership and place an order type deal? Or do you have to call a certain person? I want to pick one up in Black w/silver strips. All my cars are black so I want to keep the theme going. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mrGT

Established Member
You'd be dang lucky to find one at MSRP...with that said, and you're willing to pay a bunch over MSRP, you just start calling every Ford dealer you can. By now, those dealers that are really trying to dig deep into your pockets are the only ones with Shelbys not spoken for. You can also go to eBay to pay more than MSRP.

If you don't want to pay more than MSRP, they you sit tight like a lot of us and wait.

drmustang

Banned
The wait a while approach is likely a smart play with this one. I really don't think that there are that many who are willing to pay thousands over sticker. Most Mustang guys are not swimming in cash.

Your patience will be rewarded.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
drmustang said:
The wait a while approach is likely a smart play with this one. I really don't think that there are that many who are willing to pay thousands over sticker. Most Mustang guys are not swimming in cash.

X2

Orange Poison

Established Member
drmustang said:

You'd be surprised.....there are plenty of people with big money who are into Mustangs.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I went with an early run 03, #154, but wish I had waited. Not only would it have been cheaper, but some of the issues would have been worked out. No harm in waiting. If a GT500 is in my future, it'll be an 08 or a very late run 07........

Users who are viewing this thread