Want to Start Bow Hunting, Need Tips

Blackness03

Established Member
Crossbows are for women. Go to a bow shop and let them get you set up. Or even Bass Pro. Once you get it set up, practice in the yard.

Although if you want to hunt this year a cheap crossbow may be the ticket until you get a real bow

buffalosoldier

Established Member
One of the most important things you can learn to do is to sit still, be quiet, pay attention to every movement and sound. By setting very still I have had deer walk up to within 3 feet of me in the woods when I was squirrel hunting. A deer will bolt if you make any sudden movement even a small one. PATIENCE makes a sucessful hunter.
I learned to hunt squirrels with a 22 and if you sharpen you skills on something as small and wary as a squirrel, deer are much easier targets, just a lot heavier when you have carry them out.
Good hunting, be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
Some of the better hunting spots are bow only. For example, my work has hundreds of acres and its full of white tail. They let us hunt on it during season with bow only. Very good spot.

I got cha . well brother, good luck . As you may know practice makes perfect ! I'm a rifleman, But I could hardly shoot a bow LOL. I do have a crossbow though.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Go to a bow pro shop to ask questions and get set up. Don't spend what you don't want to spend A good shop will give you options depending on your experience and budget. Visit two if possible. As far as the hunting part, plenty of info can be found on the web, the problem is weeding through the hype and finding the worthwhile information. If you have a successful hunting friend, noting beats good local advice and information. Good luck.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Can you find the deer?

The lumenok is at the bottom of the pic and was the point of impact...complete passthrough... The Doe took a 100gr 1 3/8th grim reaper through both lungs
20171027-173813.jpg

image hosting

buffalosoldier

Established Member
And then it climbed a big tree and flew away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread