Want to Trade for a Terminator

63XL514

Established Member
Want to trade for an 03-04 Terminator with under 75,000 miles. This car is very rare and has been put together right to be reliable. The original 352 FE was running fine but only had 210 horsepower. I know it may be a long shot but I want to get back into racing Mustangs.

1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500XL fastback with 62,725 original miles (documented) that now has a 514 cubic inch, 600 horsepower big block Ford Motorsport Crate engine.
Pics at: http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd86/63xl514/

Barry Grant 850 Speed Demon carb (changed to standard 4150 flange because a dominator is not very street friendly).
Aeromotive fuel pump.
3" h-pipe into 4" ceramic coated Flowmasters so it basically sounds like a Pro Stock car at idle.
MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition.
C6 with reverse manual valve body, Art Carr 3800 stall converter.
Griffin aluminum radiator with Lincoln Mark VIII fan (I have had it in 93 degree weather in traffic and it rides at 185 degrees all day long).
9" with stock 3.00 gears and posi trac (posi works and have marks in my driveway to prove it)
I built a 4" cowl induction hood with a parts car hood that still needs a little work but looks cool. Original pristine condition hood included.
New ($1000 worth) Wheel Vintique Cragar style wheels with new 215/70/15 front and 255/60/15 rear BFG Radial T/As. Original wheels/spoke hubcaps included along with original fender skirts.
Car rides like a Cadillac and flat out gets after it for weighing over 4,000 lbs.

What's it worth? Well, I have been given estimates from $18,000 to $25,000 because value is in the eyes of the beholder. Well over $10,000 in the drivetrain alone (look up how much these crate engines cost now). Just like some think its ugly and others can't believe a car this beautiful was ever built.

If you would like to trade with me just let me know.
Thanks.

63XL514

Established Member
Thanks. The history of the car is my dad actually bought it in 1985 with 52,XXX miles on it. But it sat in his garage from 1994 to 2004 when I finally convinced him it was too nice to let it sit. It is a blast to drive to work and gets lots of looks and stares. Some people don't even know what it is.

I know it is a long shot that someone would want to trade me but the value is in line with what many of the Cobras are selling for and some on here that haven't been selling very quickly. The value of this car will also only continue to increase.

63XL514

Established Member
...maybe someone has a modded car with a salvage title that they want to get rid of but can't because of the previous title history...because I would prefer a modded car.

63XL514

Established Member
I would also love to hear of any other sites ya'll think I should post this trade offer on. I tried to put it on the Corral but my username won't let me post anymore and they haven't responded to my request to fix it.
Thanks again.

63XL514

Established Member
Of course I forgot a couple things:
It does have a Trans Brake and the input shaft is 300M material.
The car was repainted once on the outside. Inside the door jambs, trunk, etc. is all original.
Manual drum brakes all around, but it stops very well (just as good as my 97 Expedition) because all four corners were rebuilt with Praise Dyno Brake rebuild kits out of Royse City, TX.
Power steering can be reinstalled with some custom-made brackets.
Motor was previously in a 3100 lb. 1990 GT and was running 6.60s in the 1/8 mile.

Last edited:

63XL514

Established Member
I should have a video up tomorrow night.

There seems to be a lot of cars not moving due to the economy being in the pits so this would be a good way to get into a classic that has an attitude.

63XL514

Established Member
I drove this monster around last Friday in the 100 degree Texas heat without it overheating running 65 on the highway. Now has 62,782 miles.

63XL514

Established Member
Found a guy on autotrader that was offering to trade up or down for an old muscle car that had a lightly modded 03 w/ 78,000...but I was too late...doh!!!

63XL514

Established Member
Added a few pics of the underneath of the car. A little dirty but solid as new. This is a rare find. I have seen several Cobras for sale from $18k to $19k I would trade for on here and autotrader.com.

Users who are viewing this thread