Want your Deleted A/C Vent Shutoffs back? Look Here

Blackhorse

Established Member
This is long but worth it if you need the shutoffs. I read this board quite a bit as i'm about to trade in my lemon on an 03 Cobra. A little while after i got my 02 GT i noticed the shutoffs were missing on the center panel. This bothered me because i use them a lot. I started calling around and no dealer knew why i didn't have them. Finally a Ford dealer in Berea, Ohio not far from me told me it was part of Ford's cost cutting that they are making on all models. It just so happens that the Mustang cost cutting involved the elimination of these vent shutoffs. I got the part number for the part with the shutoffs and started calling around and no one had it as it isn't a commonly stocked part. They could only get the new part. I called back the original dealer and the girl i got this time listened to my story and agreed that she used the shutoffs a lot and punched in the original number(one with shutoffs)into the parts locator and located nine of them at one dealer. This was the only dealer in Ohio with even one of these. I called this dealer and told them the story and gave them the original part number and had them ship it out to me. They are a very large dealer so they have rare parts according to the original dealer.

Here is the part number for the original with shutoffs and the dealer and phone number you can get them at.

Part number you need is: 1R3Z-6304338-AAB This is one with the shutoffs.
It had been replaced by: 3R3Z-6304338-BAB(this is new one without the shutoffs and the one that dealers will default to if you call them and ask for panel.

Call Ricart Ford in Columbus, Ohio at 614-836-5321 and press option for Ford parts(they carry nine different car lines so each brand has an extension) and tell the parts guy your story about the vents and ask for part number 1R3Z-6304338-AAB. Tell them you don't want the new part beginning with the 3R3Z number but you want the old part. I bought this part on August 26th and they had eight after my order. Hopefully they'll still have them. It was $71.63 including shipping and sales tax.

If you have any questions e-mail me and if they give you trouble about selling a superseded part tell them my story. Hope this helps. I know the post was much too long and i explained in greater detail than you needed but i had a hard time finding this and spent a few hours calling dealers and i didn't want to leave anything out. Hopefully i'll have an 03 Cobra soon to talk about here.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
WTG Blackhorse,

That is about the process that I went thru.... (different dealer) where we ued the parts locator and found one over in California.

There can't be many of them left in the system.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackhorse
It was $71.63 including shipping and sales tax.

Are you kidding me $71.63. That is ridicules that they want that much money for something they changed in the middle of the model year without informing anybody. Why can't you just scratch yours go to a good dealer and have them replace it with the older version saying that is what the car had? I do have the shut-off vents on mine and the green coolant. I think they had to save money when they went to the yellow coolant so they deleted your shut-offs. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info Blackhorse.

Last edited:

Blackhorse

Established Member
I tried getting them to replace with the old one under warranty as my old one was loose and causing a bad rattle but they said they would only get in the newer one since that was the current part number in the system and also my original had no shutoffs.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Rare -- Like New, OEM 03 Cobra manual air flowing adjustable vents for sale. Set of 4 Left, Right and Two Centers-- complete set for $1,900 may consider individually for $600 apiece. Must receive non adjustable vent for core charge before shipping. Buyer pays shipping.;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread