Wanted: 96-98 OEM H-pipe

luke87gt

Established Member
Hi folks,

I need a stock 96-98 H-pipe (for my 96 Cobra). Please no high mileage unverified junkyard units. I need to be sure this can pass smog without any problems. I don't have time to experiment.

Pics and price to PM please.

Thanks
Luke

Powerslave

Established Member
I have one for sale, but I have no idea what it would cost to ship to california from chicago. Let me know if you are interested

luke87gt

Established Member
Yes, I am interested. What is the mileage and has it passed smog?

A pic and total price would be helpful if possible

Thanks
Luke

Powerslave

Established Member
I bought the car 1 1/2 yrs ago, 35k on the car.I took it off and I began building it right away, so it never made it to emissions. I assume it is fine givin the mileage. When u say smog, is there any special requirements for this piece because you live in Cal? And I would have to look into shipping, It is big and U know it does not come apart. So shipping may cost, I just want to make it worth while for both of us

Last edited:

luke87gt

Established Member
Yes please shoot me a pic and let me know what you would like for it (94564).
What year is your car by the way?
I look forward to your reply.

Luke

luke87gt

Established Member
Yes, if the mileage is 35k I am definitely interested. Please let me know what you would like for it shipped. Also, can you confirm the year of your car? I heard that the o2 sensor location is different on the 98s? Thanks.

Luke

Powerslave

Established Member
My car is a 97. Also I have seen those things on here for up to 200$. The metal in the cats is worth money just scrap alone. But I was thinkin 125$ plus shipping. Let me know if that is in your ballpark. If the shipping is crazy, I would work with you on the price a little. Im never gonna need it, and if it helps you out and gets it out of the garage ya know. I will look into shipping and get back to you.

luke87gt

Established Member
125 could work? But hopefully the shipping is reasonable.

Let me know what you want total to 94564, and hopefully we can come to an agreement

Paypal ready.

Thanks!
Luke

luke87gt

Established Member
Powerslave
(Joseph Scordo)
[email protected]

I sent you $220 to cover the cost of the H-pipe and shipping on 11/14/11 via paypal. I received your confirmation that payment was received on 11/14/11 and was told the item would ship the next day.

On 11/15/11 you informed me that you are looking at an alternate shipping method and that the item would go out the next day.

Since then I have not heard from you after trying several times to contact you via PM/email to gain information on the status.

What is the status of this transaction and why am I being kept out in the dark?

I expect to either receive confirmation of shipment with tracking number or a full refund ASAP. I have expressed the importance of receiving this item on time to you as well.

Please provide a prompt reply so I know what is going on.
Thank you,
Luke

Powerslave

Established Member
I have already sent you a pm, before realizing you posted this. I just wanted to clear the air a little. This is a big item, and it is my fault for even shipping this thing when I could have made more by scrapping the thing two seconds down the road. Shit happens! I made a deal with you. I had to find another way to get it to you, in which I did so. I have already bugged my friends dad enough, so I will not be able to provide a tracking #. But I assure you that it's on the way. I apologize if you feel I left you out in the dark.

luke87gt

Established Member
Joe,

Thank you for the update and I can certainly appreciate that this is a large item causing you to additionally go out of your way to get it shipped.

I will be keeping my eye out for the arrival of the H-pipe. As soon as it does, I will notify you and close the dispute that I have opened via paypal regarding this transaction.

I would still very much appreciate a tracking number however.

Regards,
Luke

Users who are viewing this thread