Wanted! Tungsten Gray w/stripes GT500 @ MSRP

bubbrubb

Stripe Delete said:
Is tungsten only an 07 color? No 08's.
I remember reading that somewhere as well, I don't think its on the list of colors for 2008 model year by Ford, correct me if I'm wrong.

R U TRIPIN & MADGREEK: try to use the "private message" function of the forum instead of cluttering up a thread with personal small talk that doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic :-D

CGoeschel

Established Member
VelociTT said:
I remember reading that somewhere as well, I don't think its on the list of colors for 2008 model year by Ford, correct me if I'm wrong.

R U TRIPIN & MADGREEK: try to use the "private message" function of the forum instead of cluttering up a thread with personal small talk that doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic :-D

Not sure about Tungsten, but I know they added a new color called "Vapor Silver"

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
do you have your mustang gt back yet? if so how do you like it?
yes i did get it back... love it... i must say that the griggs gr40 is the shit... went to the svtoa track day a drove it... it was so much fun... i'll post some pics in a day or 2...

R1Lello

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the deals are out there. msrp is not that hard to find. msrp on a delivery this week is hard to find. how hard are you looking? calling 10-50 dealerships a day? searching the entire nation? put in the effort you will be rewarded.

i know a guy who was looking for msrp on the new 997 turbo 2 months ago from nor cal. they were selling for 10-20k over at this time. he found one in boston at the end of the month offered msrp and faxed the paperwork in and had the car shipped out.
another guy wanted the same car 997 turbo from socal, and he found his car in georgia for msrp(30k less than socal prices) and had it shipped out.

keep looking, the more you search the sooner you will have your prize!

:shrug: Don't take this the wrong way but...........you posted about a week ago of knowing many cars avail at msrp, yet when someone here asked you to post, don't believe you did. So where are these msrp deals to help some of the folks here??

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Try Bloomfield Ford in Bloomfield Iowa. I released my slot when I bought my Roush. I know that my slot is now gone. They are going to get another car, I do not know if that slot is spoken for yet. Ask for John, the owner. Great guy! Good luck!!:beer:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
You can buy a car on A-plan or X plan if the dealer will sell it to you for that!

GT500 Coupe MSRP = $43,270.
GT500 Convertible MSRP = $48,095.

GT500 Coupe X-plan = $39,545.
GT500 Convertible X-plan = $43,821.

GT500 Coupe A/Z-plan = $38,154.
GT500 Convertible A/Z plan = $42,303.

GT500 Coupe D-plan = $38,254.
GT500 Convertible D plan = $42,403.

Optional equipment ....

Sirius = $195 (MSRP), $170 (invoice).
Premium Trim Pkg = $595 (MSRP), $518 (invoice).
Shaker 1000 = $1,295 (MSRP), $1,127 (invoice).

Tim

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
R1Lello said:
:shrug: Don't take this the wrong way but...........you posted about a week ago of knowing many cars avail at msrp, yet when someone here asked you to post, don't believe you did. So where are these msrp deals to help some of the folks here??

specifically drew ford in la mesa. and i just heard sanderson ford in phoenix sell all there cars for msrp or lower. there is also a dealer in pennselvania that sells everything at msrp as well. i have heard about 5 others saying there dealer will sell nothing above msrp as well though i do not have the actuall dealer names.

also lr 01 cobra is working with 2 dealers that have sold gt500's at msrp.

oh yea how bout this dealer made famous in another thread?!?!?
cobra999 said:
Wendle Ford is one of the only Dealers in the Northwest that chose not to add additional mark-up to these vehicles. All four Shelby GT 500s that were allocated to us were sold for MSRP.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
You can buy a car on A-plan or X plan if the dealer will sell it to you for that!

Tim

thats what i thought and then i saw this?
Question: Is the Shelby GT eligible for A/X/Z/D plan pricing?
Answer- No. Similar to Shelby GT500, this limited edition Mustang is not eligible.

this is from the latest report to the dealers regarding the shelby gt's.
December 4, 2006

To: All Ford Dealer Principals and Sales Managers
Subject: 2007 Shelby GT Mustang - Information

Background:

The following information outlines the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang program, which begins production as a limited edition this month. It includes details of the: product, allocation and production timing, ordering and billing process, delivery, and warranty policy.

2007 Shelby GT Mustang

i am assuming that dealers can override this decision by ford?

CGoeschel

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
thats what i thought and then i saw this?

this is from the latest report to the dealers regarding the shelby gt's.

i am assuming that dealers can override this decision by ford?

Confirming what you said. Although those prices are listed on the invoice, the GT500 is NOT eligible for A/Z/X/ or D plan pricing.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Confirming what you said. Although those prices are listed on the invoice, the GT500 is NOT eligible for A/Z/X/ or D plan pricing.

That's not what I'm hearing, they can, They just don't want to sell them on one of the Ford plans because right now, they don't have too! The car is selling.
The Ford GT is the only car I know of that they won't do A/X/Z or D plan on.

I'm thinking that I'm getting X plan, maybe I'm just getting X plan price. To me it makes no differance, the price is the same!

Tim

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
yes i did get it back... love it... i must say that the griggs gr40 is the shit... went to the svtoa track day a drove it... it was so much fun... i'll post some pics in a day or 2...

can you compare contrast the suspension from the gt500 to the gr40? a full review would be sweet?:idea: maybe in a new thread?

CGoeschel

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
That's not what I'm hearing, they can, They just don't want to sell them on one of the Ford plans because right now, they don't have too! The car is selling.
The Ford GT is the only car I know of that they won't do A/X/Z or D plan on.

I'm thinking that I'm getting X plan, maybe I'm just getting X plan price. To me it makes no differance, the price is the same!

Tim

Although I rather not go through the trouble of scanning and posting information off of the FMC dealer website, I will if you really need me to. Im reading it right now and it says specifically, NO A/Z/X/D Plans on Shelby GT500, Shelby GT, or Ford GT.

CGoeschel

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Although I rather not go through the trouble of scanning and posting information off of the FMC dealer website, I will if you really need me to. Im reading it right now and it says specifically, NO A/Z/X/D Plans on Shelby GT500, Shelby GT, or Ford GT.

I copied and pasted this off of the FMC Dealer website.

Answer- No. Similar to Shelby GT500, this limited edition Mustang is not eligible.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
I copied and pasted this off of the FMC Dealer website.

I believe you! What does it say about the other limited edition Mustangs?

Tim

Svt Pilot

Established Member
Question: What is a Shelby GT Mustang?
Answer- Product Description
The 2007 Shelby GT is collaboration between the Ford Mustang program team, Ford Racing, and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). The vehicle will be produced at the Mustang factory (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as a Mustang GT and be modified into a Shelby GT at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This vehicle will be:

A special edition produced at limited volume
Available in both manual and automatic transmission
Limited to two exterior colors: Performance White and Black (Both colors include silver stripes)

Question: When will the Shelby GT begin production?

Answer - Production Timing
Production at AAI is scheduled to begin at Mustang Program Job#2, December 4, 2006, and conclude at 2007 Job Last. Production at SAI is scheduled to begin January 2007.

Question: How will the Shelby GT Mustang be allocated?
Answer - Allocation and Distribution
Allocation Method:

One (1) unit allocated per interested Ford Division Car Dealership
Remainder of production to be allocated based on Share of Nation – 2005/06 Mustang retail sales

Question: Does this vehicle carry the normal warranty for a Ford Vehicle?
Answer – Ford Warranty

Vehicle is being sold to customer with an amended new vehicle limited warranty (see attachment)
Customer signature on the form identifies that they understand vehicle has been modified
Base Mustang maintains its original Factory Warranty.
Answer – Shelby Warranty

Shelby modified components include a 3/36 warranty
Description of the modifications is included in the Shelby GT Owner's Guide Supplement. This supplement and the Amendment to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form are located in the vehicle glove compartment.

Thats most of the interesting stuff.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
You forgot the most interesting part. Cars go one to each initial order, and second cars are limited by the manual to auto mix. Any allocation of a second car must be an auto. 50/50 mix. Ain't that gonna make the adm story interesting when only half of the cars are for drivers/collectors/gearheads and the other half are the poor cousins....

"One (1) unit allocated per interested Ford Division Car Dealership
Remainder of production to be allocated based on Share of Nation – 2005/06 Mustang retail sales
Please note - individual dealer order questions should be directed to your Ford Division zone mgr
Question: Are there any commodity constraints?
Answer – Manual and Automatic Transmissions

Due to commodity constraint on manual transmissions, dealers that earn more than one allocated unit will be required to build the second of every two units as an automatic.
Manual- 50% (1st unit manual, 2nd auto, 3rd manual, 4th auto, etc)
Automatic- Free Demand "

Last edited:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
You forgot the most interesting part. Cars go one to each initial order, and second cars are limited by the manual to auto mix. Any allocation of a second car must be an auto. 50/50 mix. Ain't that gonna make the adm story interesting when only half of the cars are for drivers/collectors/gearheads and the other half are the poor cousins....

"One (1) unit allocated per interested Ford Division Car Dealership
Please note - individual dealer order questions should be directed to your Ford Division zone mgr
Question: Are there any commodity constraints?
Answer – Manual and Automatic Transmissions

Due to commodity constraint on manual transmissions, dealers that earn more than one allocated unit will be required to build the second of every two units as an automatic.
Manual- 50% (1st unit manual, 2nd auto, 3rd manual, 4th auto, etc)
Automatic- Free Demand "

You know, Jet, I really don't get that. I mean, this car starts out as a California Special, right? There is no constraint on ordering those. I know, I know-- these are only Black or White-- but the bottom line is that these are 5 speed cars, not 6 speed. I would think that Ford could provide the right mix. Then again, these are probably already set aside for Shelby with a 50/50 mix. I guess that makes managing this project alot easier for all involved. Okay, I get it! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread