Wanted! Tungsten Gray w/stripes GT500 @ MSRP

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
I've been looking for a Tungsten Gray GT500 for a bit now and have yet to find one even remotely close to MSRP. :cuss: I thought I was going to pull off the unthinkable and be able to purchase one at MSRP or even less due to having a relative that works for Ford. He was told that the GT500 does not qualify for any employee discounts (i.e A and/or X plan or even at MSRP). Anyone else have any luck with having a relative working for Ford? Bottom line I am in the hunt for a Tungsten Gray/ Silver lemans striped COUPE with the solid dark charcoal interior. Shaker 1000 would be fine if its on the car if not thats fine as well. I am a VERY serious buyer with CASH for the full purchase @ MSRP.

At this point I am highly frustrated with the insane "adjusted market value" markups on what should have been an attainable car for the average Joe that can't afford a Z06. Some of the prices I have seen are flat out appauling:nonono: and quite discouraging to say the least. I had hopes of adding a GT500 to my 93 SVT Cobra so that I would end up with the first production year of the SVT Cobra and the first production year return of Carroll Shelby to the mustang nameplate. I would like to think of myself as a true mustang enthusiast and am definately NOT seeking out one of these cars to purchase at MSRP and then turn over for a profit. Thanks in advance for any help and/or insight to this dilemna.

:beer: Steven

CGoeschel

Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:
I've been looking for a Tungsten Gray GT500 for a bit now and have yet to find one even remotely close to MSRP. :cuss: I thought I was going to pull off the unthinkable and be able to purchase one at MSRP or even less due to having a relative that works for Ford. He was told that the GT500 does not qualify for any employee discounts (i.e A and/or X plan or even at MSRP). Anyone else have any luck with having a relative working for Ford? Bottom line I am in the hunt for a Tungsten Gray/ Silver lemans striped COUPE with the solid dark charcoal interior. Shaker 1000 would be fine if its on the car if not thats fine as well. I am a VERY serious buyer with CASH for the full purchase @ MSRP.

At this point I am highly frustrated with the insane "adjusted market value" markups on what should have been an attainable car for the average Joe that can't afford a Z06. Some of the prices I have seen are flat out appauling:nonono: and quite discouraging to say the least. I had hopes of adding a GT500 to my 93 SVT Cobra so that I would end up with the first production year of the SVT Cobra and the first production year return of Carroll Shelby to the mustang nameplate. I would like to think of myself as a true mustang enthusiast and am definately NOT seeking out one of these cars to purchase at MSRP and then turn over for a profit. Thanks in advance for any help and/or insight to this dilemna.

Although I had my '93 Teal w/Black cloth interior on ebay last week, it didnt sell and Im kind of glad it didnt because Im thinking the same as you. My GT500 shows up next week at our dealership and then Ill be posting pics of the two together! Not sure how Grabber Orange and Teal are going to look together though!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:
I've been looking for a Tungsten Gray GT500 for a bit now and have yet to find one even remotely close to MSRP. :cuss:

the deals are out there. msrp is not that hard to find. msrp on a delivery this week is hard to find. how hard are you looking? calling 10-50 dealerships a day? searching the entire nation? put in the effort you will be rewarded.

i know a guy who was looking for msrp on the new 997 turbo 2 months ago from nor cal. they were selling for 10-20k over at this time. he found one in boston at the end of the month offered msrp and faxed the paperwork in and had the car shipped out.
another guy wanted the same car 997 turbo from socal, and he found his car in georgia for msrp(30k less than socal prices) and had it shipped out.

keep looking, the more you search the sooner you will have your prize!

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
i dont believe you will ever find one for sticker... if you go to kelly blue book the car books for 62k to 65k... they will not sell the car below that.... i also heard that this might be a 1 year run or at least thats what i heard today from my cousin who happen's to be a manager at a ford dealer... to my understanding the 08 model will be a svt cobra... same car just no shelby name... THIS IS JUST WHAT I HEARD... NOT SAYING ITS TRUE... i also heard this a few weeks ago at an svtoa event at buttonwillow...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
R U TRIPIN said:
i. i also heard that this might be a 1 year run or at least thats what i heard today from my cousin who happen's to be a manager at a ford dealer... to my understanding the 08 model will be a svt cobra... same car just no shelby name... THIS IS JUST WHAT I HEARD... NOT SAYING ITS TRUE... i also heard this a few weeks ago at an svtoa event at buttonwillow...

Forget ANYTHING you hear from a Ford dealer! They are the last ones to know ANYTHING regarding a GT500!! ;-) :idea: :read:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
chillin and you... we need to take the cars out this weekend... what do you say??? i should have mine back tomorrow or wednesday....

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:

Welcome to the gt500 forum
enjoy the wait, many here are waiting for that deal as well :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
Oh god, allready sooo much misinformation in this thread.
I realize you just heard it and its not your opinion but use common sense before posting.

Everyone, go buy one now at any price the dealers want because this is the rarest car Ford will ever build!!!!! BUY BUY BUY
:)

MADGREEK

Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
chillin and you... we need to take the cars out this weekend... what do you say??? i should have mine back tomorrow or wednesday....

it might rain this weekend, Jeremy why dont your post the pictures with your red gt500 and my tungsten gt500 on this tread.:beer:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
MADGREEK said:
it might rain this weekend, Jeremy why dont your post the pictures with your red gt500 and my tungsten gt500 on this tread.:beer:
i would but my cam is in the shelby and thats at the shop... i'll get the cam tomorrow and post them...

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
MADGREEK said:
i would but my cam is in the shelby and thats at the shop... i'll get the cam tomorrow and post them... i do believe you also have some pics to that you can post...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
i would but my cam is in the shelby and thats at the shop... i'll get the cam tomorrow and post them... i do believe you also have some pics to that you can post...

do you have your mustang gt back yet? if so how do you like it?

Users who are viewing this thread