Wanting to boost my 3valve 4.6 sportrac adrenaline?

03snakevert

12 volt tech
Established Member
Anyone have any thoughts? I loved my setup on my 03 cobra but that motor was a 4 cam instead of a 2 cam/ I Know also that there will need to be custom piping done but I am not scared of that either as long as ford doesnt look down on it to badly.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Have you looked into the supercharger companies to see if anything is offered for your vehicle?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
By the sound of it you want a centri set up. So Procharger, Paxton, or Vortech will be the way to go. I have no idea what the engine bay set up is like inside your vehicle compared to that of the 3 valve mustang. Obviously the space available will be different and the accesory layout may be different.

03snakevert

12 volt tech
Established Member
intake routing is mainly the only difference.
Think of an 05 mustang motor but in a truck/ 2005 svt concept adrenaline sportrac,....
03 cobra motor in a sportrac

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I wouldnt put a centri blower on a truck. I know plenty of people like them at the strip, but on the street it needs the low end power of a twin screw or a turbo. Id go with a kenne bell

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I was wondering what motor they finally put in those, if it was a 2V, 3V or 4V. Neat.

So, it's basically like a mustang motor? Does it have a different intake, like a truck intake like the one from an explorer or F150?

When I pulled the 4V motor out of an aviator, it had a different intake than the Mach's and Marauders (although it was the same longblock).

I agree that a centri blower is probably not the best choice. The automatic transmission and truck intake (if that's what it has) won't let it rev high enough to build good boost.

I think a roots or positive displacement blower rather than a turbo or centri would be a good idea for a few reasons:
First, we all know how these blowers build instant low rpm boost.
Second, this type of blower replaces the intake manifold setup, removing any bottlenecks caused by it.

Homer

Users who are viewing this thread