Wanting to out the nt05rs on my lighting have ?

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
Called discount and ordered the 305/45/18s for my lightning but they won't put them on my truck because of the load limit. I never tow or put anything heavy in the bed of my truck are these tires good to have on my truck or should I go with something else. I thought these were made for the lightning

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Loaded or unloaded tires for your truck should meet or exceed the load carrying capacity of your OE tire at the OE pressure. The NT05R has a 103 load index and at max pressure it does not carry the load that your OE tire carries at stock pressure. If you want to run this size have our local store swap them for the Nitto 555R these have a 110 load index and they would work great.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Running a tire that can not carry the same load as your OE tire at the OE pressure increases your chances of tire failure. Overloaded tires heat up faster, wear out faster and have higher chances of tread and belt separations.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
Thanks for the info I talk to about 10 guys in the lightning forums and they love the tire and nobody has had a problem so I'm going to give them a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread