Wanting to try some diff polish

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Ok all I have ever used is Optimum but I want to try something different. I am doing this as a hobby few times a year on my car and a few others. All I use is PC so I do need something that does not require alot speed to break down.

Also in need of some pads as well so if you want to give me suggestions throw some out. I have a 4" and 6.5" backing plate

Thanks

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Wolfgang Swirl Remover 3.0

Menz. 106ff/fa w/5.5" flat orange LC pad (universally works)

Supposedly the Meg's M205/M105 combo is great. I've yet to read anything bad about 105 to the point that I'm about to buy a bottle when I'm out of my main compounds.

Any of these would be worth considering, but I'd lean toward the 105 and keep the Opt. as a finishing polish as-necessary.

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
i had always used poorboys ssr. Needed something stronger and went with m105, instead of menzerna etc.

Nothing but postive stuff to say about it. You could almost even get away not following up with the 205 or whatever brand you use.

Did awesome work and took out wetsanding marks with ease, just using my pc.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
are you using Op Compound or just Polish? Original or their II formulations?

lemme know if you do go to meg's 105/205 combo as ive been wanting to try that over Op CompoundII/PolishII combo.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
M105
M205
Menzerna Powerfinish
Menzerna Powergloss
Mezerna Nano 106FA
3M Ultrafina

You don't need any other polishes

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
are you using Op Compound or just Polish? Original or their II formulations?

lemme know if you do go to meg's 105/205 combo as ive been wanting to try that over Op CompoundII/PolishII combo.

I am using the reformulated 1st version, its atleast 3 years old so for sure its not II version

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
so its look like I will give the meg 105/205 combos

thanks for all the input

waltd20012002

Established Member
anyone ever use the Zaino stuff. a buddy turned me onto it and it does pretty good. i put 3 coats of the Z2 polish/wax and now after i take a drive, i just wipe her down with microfibers. bugs just wipe right off. i eally haven't gotten the full benefit of it down yet. i need to order some of the swirl/scratch stuff. i think two coats of that then followed by another coat of Z2 and wiped own ith the spray detailer willreally bring it to life.
here's a pic afer just one coat of Z2. i am by no means a professional. this is hand applied and hand buffed...
P1010624.jpg

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Waltd.....

Yeah I have tried Zaino back in 2003 and got me into the detailing bug but I have moved on and have found other products I like

Since you have a black cobra I would use Clearkote Red Maching Glaze topped with their Carnube Moose Wax. This combo will make you car look extremely wet while giving a deep reflection. I know Zaino gives reflection but it cant match the depth and wetness. Also it seems to me you have to use their finish spray to make it "pop" unlike other things I tried. I have a black civic that I use this combo on and it looks sick!

waltd20012002

Established Member
Waltd.....

Yeah I have tried Zaino back in 2003 and got me into the detailing bug but I have moved on and have found other products I like

Since you have a black cobra I would use Clearkote Red Maching Glaze topped with their Carnube Moose Wax. This combo will make you car look extremely wet while giving a deep reflection. I know Zaino gives reflection but it cant match the depth and wetness. Also it seems to me you have to use their finish spray to make it "pop" unlike other things I tried. I have a black civic that I use this combo on and it looks sick!

where do you but this stuff

Users who are viewing this thread