Warm Places to Visit/Adventure in January

allister

Established Member
Winter Blues start to kick in for me about halfway through January and I have to go somewhere warm and sunny and get outside. We used to always go to a cheap all inclusive for a long weekend, but our trip to Iceland this summer kind of ruined ever wanting to do a resort again. I found a love for hiking/trail walking, adventure and wandering around so those are the only types of vacations I want to take now haha.

Anywhere to go that's safe but warm, this time of year? Not sure what the weather is like out west but considering Texas or somewhere out west, I mean anywhere south I guess really that is guaranteed to have a little bit of sunshine and be decently comfortably warm. Would probably do a 4 night, Wednesday-Sunday type of deal. Hawaii is out because I can't take enough time off to get there and back, coming from PA.

Thanks in advance for any awesome suggestions!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Winter Blues start to kick in for me about halfway through January and I have to go somewhere warm and sunny and get outside. We used to always go to a cheap all inclusive for a long weekend, but our trip to Iceland this summer kind of ruined ever wanting to do a resort again. I found a love for hiking/trail walking, adventure and wandering around so those are the only types of vacations I want to take now haha.

Anywhere to go that's safe but warm, this time of year? Not sure what the weather is like out west but considering Texas or somewhere out west, I mean anywhere south I guess really that is guaranteed to have a little bit of sunshine and be decently comfortably warm. Would probably do a 4 night, Wednesday-Sunday type of deal. Hawaii is out because I can't take enough time off to get there and back, coming from PA.

Arizona and the Sonoran Desert. Its really a beautiful place when its not hot as balls in the summer. Plenty of trails, outdoor activities etc. Phoenix is a great start but Tucson and surrounding areas are really nice too.

Temps are in the 70s an 80s in the winter, and can sometimes get down to the 60s. Brrrr!

allister

Established Member
Arizona and the Sonoran Desert. Its really a beautiful place when its not hot as balls in the summer. Plenty of trails, outdoor activities etc. Phoenix is a great start but Tucson and surrounding areas are really nice too.

Temps are in the 70s an 80s in the winter, and can sometimes get down to the 60s. Brrrr!

Thank you for the suggestion! Nonstop flights from PIT to PHX so that's a huge bonus! Will look into this more thank you!

Jefe

Established Member
I'd definitely recommend flying into Phoenix or Tucson and renting a car. Grand Canyon, Havasupai Falls, and Sedona have some of the best hikes and views in the entire country. 4 nights is tough though, there is so much to see and do you could easily spend 2 weeks here.

Keep in mind 100 miles north of Phx and farther up will be "cold," probably highs in the uppers 50s and 20s at night. South of Phoenix will be mid 60s for the high and mid 30s at night. It could dip into the 70s or into the 20s as well. Dont waste your time in Phoenix, its a giant city in a dust bowl. Tucson has much more to offer for hiking, biking, golfing, a 9,200 foot Mt Lemmon with an amazing 35 minute drive, and some of the best food you will ever find! Plus tons of really cool towns worth checking out an hour or two southeast like Tombstone, Bisbee, Sonoita, etc

Something else worth 4 days would be Zion National Park in southern Utah. Very close to Grand Canyon but would be too much to pack into 4 days

I've been in AZ for over 30 years so let me know if you need any help!

allister

Established Member
I'd definitely recommend flying into Phoenix or Tucson and renting a car. Grand Canyon, Havasupai Falls, and Sedona have some of the best hikes and views in the entire country. 4 nights is tough though, there is so much to see and do you could easily spend 2 weeks here.

Keep in mind 100 miles north of Phx and farther up will be "cold," probably highs in the uppers 50s and 20s at night. South of Phoenix will be mid 60s for the high and mid 30s at night. It could dip into the 70s or into the 20s as well. Dont waste your time in Phoenix, its a giant city in a dust bowl. Tucson has much more to offer for hiking, biking, golfing, a 9,200 foot Mt Lemmon with an amazing 35 minute drive, and some of the best food you will ever find! Plus tons of really cool towns worth checking out an hour or two southeast like Tombstone, Bisbee, Sonoita, etc

Something else worth 4 days would be Zion National Park in southern Utah. Very close to Grand Canyon but would be too much to pack into 4 days

I've been in AZ for over 30 years so let me know if you need any help!

Thank you so much for all of this! I was looking around on the map and Tombstone looks pretty awesome. Love wandering around and checking out neat things so that's right up our alley. Thank you for the suggestions!

We've done Florida a million times and go to GA every September. I would like to check out some of the gulf shores some day, but will save the lazy beach vacations for when we get older :) Thank you all again!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

My sister went this summer as well. Around 4th of july. She and I were born there.

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

The answer is always Vagina!

Users who are viewing this thread