Warm to hot start up issue

Jukens

Established Member
Still trying to work out a startup issue I've been having. Here's the rundown. Every morning I startup to go to work and it fires up immediately. Drive 30mins to work and shut it down. Come back to start it 45mins later and it cranks for 4-5 seconds then starts boggy for the first couple seconds. This happens even after it sits for a couple hours and the coolant temp is 80° or 170° doesn't make a difference. It is somewhat random on how long after it sits that it occurs. The car primes for the full 2 seconds every startup. I always let the gauges do a sweep before trying to start it. I am running a Paxton tuner kit with ID1000 injectors and a vortech bap. Car runs great otherwise only the occasional rpm dip when coming to a stop and letting off the throttle. If anyone has any insight or what I should check please let me know.

Jukens

Established Member
Got a hold of injector dynamics and they believe one of more may be leaking which makes sense for when the problem occurs. Props to Shaun at AED for sending me a revised tune so I could still use the car with my stock injectors in no more than 15mins of asking. Sent the injectors out and should hear back next week.

Also been testing startup and idle with stock injectors and I have yet to have a startup problem at all even in the same conditions I did before nor have I had a dip in rpms when coming to a stop.

Last edited:

stang910

Established Member
It is tune related. Mine does the same with ID1000's. I keep pulling fuel out at start up and even though it gets better every time I change it it's still not perfect. Hard to dial something in that only show an issue maybe once a day and conditions have to be right.

stang910

Established Member
Got a hold of injector dynamics and they believe one of more may be leaking which makes sense for when the problem occurs. Props to Shaun at AED for sending me a revised tune so I could still use the car with my stock injectors in no more than 15mins of asking. Sent the injectors out and should hear back next week.

Also been testing startup and idle with stock injectors and I have yet to have a startup problem at all even in the same conditions I did before nor have I had a dip in rpms when coming to a stop.

This is interesting. If you get new ID's to use update this thread. I've been fighting this startup issue since putting in the ID's. My car started fine with the 47's though. Searched the net and seems like lots of people complain about a hard start with these injectors.

RFM50

Established Member
I know these injectors are supposed to be the best but with all the issues I am seeing that guys are having with them, I am really starting to believe 80lb injectors are going to be the way I go.

Users who are viewing this thread