Warm Weekend Getaway Ideas in January

allister

Established Member
Looking to go on a long weekend trip Thursday-Sunday in mid January. We don't want a cruise or all inclusive resort. Looking to go somewhere warm, relax, safe to wander around, trails or simple things to do, good food.

Last year we went to San Antonio for 2 nights and Austin for 2 nights and really enjoyed it but looking to try somewhere new this year.

San Deigo was suggested to us but not sure what all there is to do? Looked on trip advisor and didn't see anything too exciting. Not into museums or zoos. Was also thinking Los Angeles, always wanted to go on the price is right and take the TMZ bus tour hahaha. Also considering Turks and Caicos and Aruba.

Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!!

colin450

Established Member
What about Vegas? Plenty to do, food is some of the best I've had anywhere. Probably pretty fairly priced to stay during the winter. I can vouch for Aruba too, but it's a place you might want to go to for a week. Definitely a nice relaxing trip either way.

Rare40th

Established Member
I agree with Aruba. Spent Thanksgiving last year on an 8 day cruise with my whole family and that was one of the destinations as well as Turks and Caicos. As said above, you'd want to spend more than a couple of days there if you go.
At the rate in which this weather has been........ I'd almost recommend Denver lol

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am from Montana and every January when its ****inburr outside I take my wife to the Caribbean. This year its the sandals royal Barbados. Its easy and beautiful there. The Bahamas have the most beautiful water but its a little chilly in January. Jamaica has quick easy flights. St Lucia is a gorgeous island! Grenada is awesome and the locals are great! I hear great things about the Turks along with beautiful water.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
We go for a couple of weeks to Gulf Shores, Ala. Really nice in the winter with very few people around. Guess most of the snow birds head for Florida.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We were just in Aruba last month, we've been there a few times.

Vegas is a good idea too, been there about 20 times, always something new to do.

We also like St. Petersburg Fl as a getaway in October usually.

7upstang

Established Member
What about Vegas? Plenty to do, food is some of the best I've had anywhere. Probably pretty fairly priced to stay during the winter. I can vouch for Aruba too, but it's a place you might want to go to for a week. Definitely a nice relaxing trip either way.
Except Vegas will be cold too. Went out and February two years ago, ran into a little bit of snow on our way to the Grand Canyon.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We were just in Aruba last month, we've been there a few times.

Vegas is a good idea too, been there about 20 times, always something new to do.

We also like St. Petersburg Fl as a getaway in October usually.

Except Vegas will be cold too. Went out and February two years ago, ran into a little bit of snow on our way to the Grand Canyon.

Don Cesar aka Pink Palace in St. Petersburg for the win.

colin450

Established Member

Lol cold to a guy from FL and a guy from MA are probably two different things. But yes, if it's snowing it's definitely cold.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Another vote for Aruba. Been twice and planning to go again this year. Three days might be hard though, I can’t get away with less than a week each time I go.

7upstang

Established Member
Lol cold to a guy from FL and a guy from MA are probably two different things. But yes, if it's snowing it's definitely cold.

No doubt, figured the snow would be enough for everyone to agree it was cold. Everyone had jackets on. To me, if I want to get out of the cold I certainly don't want to bring a jacket with me.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Bermuda is very nice this time of year. Just went on a cruise and had a blast for the 2 days we were there touring the islands.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Look on delta airlines site day after christmas. 2 years in a row we found great deals. In 2014 we got round trip to Maui Hawaii for 125 each from NC. In 2015 got Bahamas for 100 each. Didnt go anywhere last year. The sale, or the glitch as they called it only lasted about 30 minutes then went back to 1200 and 800. Gotta be quick. We were just lucky and hit it 2 years in a row.

Sent from LG G5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread