Warning about WFO throttle!!!

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I know this has happened to others on this site so you guys will get a kick out of this. Also this is a warning to new Cobra owners out there.

I was rolling down the road when a few guys in a truck ask me to rev it up for them. So I was like sure why not, dropped it down some gears and gunned it. Stomped it into third and the gas peddle never came back up. I was like holy crap what the hell is going the car is sounding like it is going to explode and I have no clue what is going on so I shut the car off. Next thing I find is that the gas peddle is stuck against carpet. I got the peddle unstuck after I remembered it happened to another guy on this site. Anyway I found out what a rev limiter sounds like and I am glad it wasn't in a higher gear because I would have been doing over a 100 or something with the way these cars accelerate.

What did any of you guys do to fix this? Such as cut the carpet?

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
that happened to me a couple weeks ago but my gas pedal assembly ended up breaking and had to replace it... i got some silicone from my friend today and tomorrow ima use it to avoid that from happening

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Happened to me in another previous car and I cut the carpet to ensure clearance. You MAY be able to pull and massage the carpet enough to straighten it out and clear the pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread