warning light setup

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
I just installed dual aeroforcetech gauges, but I need to set the warning light parameters.

Im watching
coolant temp
fuel rail pressure
Fuel Pump duty cycle

where should I set my warning light levels ? Ill tackle the oil pressure sensor later this week. Thanks

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
how did you hook your gauges up? what do the three little wires hook up to? i didnt get instructions with mine

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
why did you install those guages on your stock motor cobra?

Im sorry but thats a waste of money.

I could maybe see the coolant temp, but you have one right in front of you from the factory

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
well i didnt feel like spending money on seperate autometer gauges when i can have 20 different things in one....i plan on having forced induction here soon so in the end i dont think i wasted my money

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
well i didnt feel like spending money on seperate autometer gauges when i can have 20 different things in one....i plan on having forced induction here soon so in the end i dont think i wasted my money

I dont know what you got, I was talking to the original poster.

But if you have a shit load of guages its pointless anyways IMO. You are not going to sit there and watch any of them while your driving.

I have a boost and a oil pressure guage. I dont look at either, and if something "happens" then I look at my oil pressure guage.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
yeah i feel ya....wish i had the money to buy your blower

haha I do to.

I guess I will say this, you dont want to load your car with worthless guages that your not going to look at.

Pick 2 or 3 that you really need. fuel/oil/boost.

But if I had a stock motor I wouldnt have either any. But if you eveutually get boost they you will have atleast 1 that is worthwhile

K2AHollywood

Established Member
haha I do to.

I guess I will say this, you dont want to load your car with worthless guages that your not going to look at.

Pick 2 or 3 that you really need. fuel/oil/boost.

But if I had a stock motor I wouldnt have either any. But if you eveutually get boost they you will have atleast 1 that is worthwhile

I think he means AF/Oil/Boost-Vacuum......most useful for a NA and blown car - great warning and general trouble shooting gauges to have

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I just installed dual aeroforcetech gauges, but I need to set the warning light parameters.

Im watching
coolant temp
fuel rail pressure
Fuel Pump duty cycle

where should I set my warning light levels ? Ill tackle the oil pressure sensor later this week. Thanks

coolant temp Id put a warning in at about 220 degrees.
fuel pressure is hard to say. If you set it at 30, you would get no warning with 31 psi even when your 10lbs into boost, which is disasterous. I know its complicated, but if you could get it to trail boost, that would be awesome (i.e. 39+boost - 2 or 3 psi).

Forget fuel pump duty cycle. If you datalog on the dyno and it doesn't hit 100% duty cycle (with maybe 2% headroom), it should never do so on the street. Further, the computer should open puslewidth to compensate, so it shouldn't be a complete disaster.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
how did you hook your gauges up? what do the three little wires hook up to? i didnt get instructions with mine

The three little wires are not for our application, dont worry about them. You can also download the instructions from aeroforcetech.com. Hooking up the gauges is cake. you basically install the gauge in a pod, run the plug into the OBD2 port, then turn on the car to set the parameters.

Droptop, I just installed a new forged motor and wanted more than dummy gauges. I dont think it is a waste to watch coolant temp, fuel pressure, oil pressure, and A/F, especially with a turbo coming soon. It will also be nice to watch all of this with two gauges. Lastly, warning lights flash when a parameter is too high/low so I dont have to watch them all day.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Thanks Quad. Once Install the oil pressure sensor, ill watch that instead of the fuel pump. What should my oil pressure look like? at startup? wot?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
op at start up should be about 100psi.

for the stock oil pump, id look for at least 15psi per 1000rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread