Warning to out of state buyers

P Weave

Established Member
I have no idea how I didn't get notified about this thread...

This thread is many years old, but seeing that you lied and tried to tarnish my name and reputation on here, I'm going to dig this all back up again and clear my name.

When we got there she rattled to all hell. He said it was supposed to do that, and i trusted him so i handed over the cashier check.
Nope. I didn't say "that was supposed to do that". What I said was, I had the input shaft, TOB sleeve, and clutch work done at JBA Speed Shop and ever since in 4th gear, at lower RPM and adding a load, it had a rattle to it. I brought it back to the shop and they verified that the install was correct and the twin disc must have been vibrating at that frequency.

He says he is leaving the license plate on so i can drive it home. I think wow what a swell guy.
Great outlook. I was trying to help keep you from getting pulled over for having no plate.

I take my woman to eat, and get a ticket for no front license plate, which i have no clue about bc im from LA. Just thought i was ok bc Pweave said so

Huh? You got a ticket and thought it was "ok" because I said so? What did I say? "It's ok if you get a ticket and don't let me know??" o_O

When i get back the tob is what is rattling and the sleave and flywheel are also destroyed, a month later the alternator went out, found out later even one of the axels was bent.
That is a shame about the TOB and flywheel. Truly had no idea - which is why I disclosed the noise to you when I drove the car with you to the bank to verify the cashiers check (which I'll get to soon). The axles were in perfect shape when you picked up the vehicle.

When i tried to register the car, the dmv required pweave's license, but he refused to give it. The dmv just wanted to prove that he wAs from CO They wouldnt register the Veh wo it.

The seller refused bc i was not willing to pay for the ticket after payibg so much to fix the car as well as paying top dollar in he first place.
You bet your ass I wasn't willing to help you out after you refused to pay me back for the no front plate ticket. You failed to let everyone know that you did NOT inform me of the physical ticket you received. So, when I was mailed the second notice of the ticket, it was now $180. Shortly after, you demanded I send you a photocopy of my license - which as I said, would have been more than happy to provide as soon as you pay me back for the ticket.

I had to get attorneys involved just to get an affidavit from him so i could register the car
I was under no obligation to provide you any other information after the completion of the sale. Also, did you forget I made you sign an "As Is" contract, verifying there was no extended warranty and I was not to be held liable for any issues with the vehicle as soon as it left my possession? This part is important as you told me you would pay for the ticket if I paid for the vehicle repairs. I obviously was not going to do that, so we went the route of getting attorneys involved. Funny enough, you knew you were in the wrong, which is why you paid me back for the ticket, and I held up to my end of the deal and provided my license.

My fiancee facebooked his gf today
Very childish. Should have left this part out of your story.

When you buy out of state, make sure that you get EVERYTHING that YOU need to register in your home state.
Correct.

Ps i guess i should have know he was dbag, at one point he had double dodge stripes on the fenders.
Nice. What are we 9 years old? And they were not "dodge stripes" they were small fender stripes that were a play on the old school Cobras
20140502_175331_zpst4cgniqi.jpg

62349-fender-grand-sport-hash-marks-help-1963_shelby_cobra2.jpg

thats why i already had an attorney on file, IN COLORADO.... to deal with this "situation"
I really hope you're no longer this way... Your attorney didn't "deal" with anything because there was nothing to "deal" with. In fact, because you were such an asshole, not only did I make you pay me back for the ticket, I made you pay me 8% interest because of how long you drew on the "situation" that YOU caused. So yeah I guess if you consider that a win, go ahead?

in fact after i got my plane ticket, before i could fly up there, he tried to sell it out from under me on this forum
Not true. You asked me to take $1,000 off the asking price to essentially pay for your flights out here. I agreed, but you had yet to purchase your flights. So of course I was going to take the full asking price if someone came along before you...

There really isn't anything else too interesting to address in this thread. But I'm happy to do so and remove any doubt over this situation.

I want to clarify something: I didn't come on here specifically to beat a dead horse from the past. I've recently been considering purchasing another 03/04 and found myself back on this site after many years away. I didn't receive any notifications about this thread or I would have immediately responded. My reputation is important to me, and I really disliked you trying to tarnish my name on here. Shame on you.

Reference Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Saleen498

Established Member
OP, the onus is on you to make sure the car is right before you hand over a check. Everyone has their own idea about what is acceptable or not acceptable. If the seller won't let a local unbiased shop perform a pre-purchase inspection, there is your big red flag not to buy. Every state has a temp transport tag.
Every state except MA*

Users who are viewing this thread