Warranty and Underside of Hood

Secesh

Established Member
Anyone have any luck getting their hood underside painted under warranty? I've had one conversation over the phone with the service manager where I bought my Cobra, but I want to see if others have had any luck before I go down and have a talk.

Thanks

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Ford is pretty tight with warranty dollars these days. Unless your hood has a factory paint defect (on a top surface) that is being repaired, I don't think there's any way of getting the underside done under warranty. Not having paint on a portion of the body that was never designed to be exposed is not a defect. It was done that way by design.

Unless your service manager is a really nice guy, I'd say there's no way in heck that's going to get done under warranty...but what do I know? :shrug: Just pay the $200 and have a bodyshop shoot it for you.

-Greg

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
No way will Ford warranty the thin paint especially if it's under the hood liner. As a paint sprayer for Ford Motor Company we are given specific direction NOT to spray heavy under the hood and other areas, just a dusting, cost savings. I used to get in trouble for always spraying the hell out of those areas, I just figured if it was my car I would want it that way.

Good Luck.............Hec

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by Secesh
Anyone have any luck getting their hood underside painted under warranty? I've had one conversation over the phone with the service manager where I bought my Cobra, but I want to see if others have had any luck before I go down and have a talk.

Thanks

A simple search and you will find a lot of information.

For Example. I had my hood repainted back in July of '02 because of thin paint.

AND:

I just had the UNDERSIDE of my hood repainted under WARRANTY due to defects. Many others have had the same luck.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99866

TRBO VNM

I am another lucky one. They had to spray the inside bottom of my front bumper where the HE is and since they did that and some other touch up stuff I convinced the body shop manager to spray the underside of the hood since I was going to show the car.

Secesh

Established Member
Re: Re: Warranty and Underside of Hood

Originally posted by byevette
A simple search and you will find a lot of information.

For Example. I had my hood repainted back in July of '02 because of thin paint.

AND:

I just had the UNDERSIDE of my hood repainted under WARRANTY due to defects. Many others have had the same luck.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99866

Sorry, I did do a search but_I_Guess_I_didn't_use_the_correct_words_to_find_that_thread___Thank_You_for_the_direction

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Torch10th
I must be lucky. The entire underside of my hood is painted :)
Mine was, too. And finished like the exterior if I remember right.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Warranty and Underside of Hood

Sorry, I did do a search but_I_Guess_I_didn't_use_the_correct_words_to_find_that_thread___Thank_You_for_the_direction

Actually, I was not DIRECTING the CAPITAL lettered words in your direction, but to the people that thought your idea was meritless.

:beer:

Secesh

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Warranty and Underside of Hood

Actually, I was not DIRECTING the CAPITAL lettered words in your direction, but to the people that thought your idea was meritless.

:beer:

Someone could think that one of my idea's is meritless? That's rather hard to believe. But I guess there's a first for everything.

:shrug:

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warranty and Underside of Hood

Someone could think that one of my idea's is meritless? That's rather hard to believe. But I guess there's a first for everything.
:shrug:

Something tells me it will not be the last:idea:

BTW: Did you get your car checked out?

Secesh

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warranty and Underside of Hood

Something tells me it will not be the last:idea:

BTW: Did you get your car checked out?

Not yet. I have to wait for a day off so I can go down and talk to the service manager. I know that it's probably going to be a waste of time, but man that blanket looks awful.

Users who are viewing this thread