Warranty Claim on a Raxiom Nav? American Muscle Lost me as a Customer

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Let me start off by stating I have tried to civilly resolve this claim through AM's customer service email. The guy just keeps basically copy and pasting the same answer.

Over the last 3 years I have spent almost $15,000 just on the AM website and never once tried to return anything or ask for a warranty claim, so the way they deal with this is a bit surprising.

The Raxiom nav unit I bought less than 2 years ago has taken a shit and the touch screen quit working. AM states they have a 2 year warranty on the unit. The only thing that is defective is the touchscreen. Not the backup camera, not the GPS antenna, just the display unit.
I explained to the guy that the backup camera is permanently installed, cannot be removed, and is not defective. They refuse to replace just the defective component and keep telling me that I have to uninstall and send back everything. They will not send the replacement until I ship back everything. The return policy on the website states the customer has 30 days to send back the defective product after a replacement is sent. Basically the opposite of what he keeps saying.
The other option is for ME to buy another unit, install it and then get credit. I don't think I should have to shell out another $600 to have a faulty unit replaced.
Be careful buying any kind of kit or assembly from them, if you have a single bolt or anything go bad under warranty you are going to be uninstalling the whole works. Imagine if you had bought a turbo kit from them and a wastegate goes bad, have fun tearing apart the whole car.

The common sense solution would be for them to say ok, send back just the defective part and when you get the replacement kit just send back what you didn't use.
Either way, first impressions of AM's customer service, not so good.
Done venting, I have a car to tear apart just so I can destroy a perfectly good backup cam to send back.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Have you tried contacting Raxiom?

American Muscle sells kits and can't just destroy a brand new kit to part it out. They have a warranty for the product which you don't want to send back. If you want to try and warranty only specific parts of a kit try the manufacturer.

And your question about a Turbo Kit, American Muscle isn't going to warranty just the wastegate, they would send you to Armageddon or CPR or whoever kit they sell.

American Muscle has always had fantastic customer service and I have warrantied a few things threw them without issue but I never tried to warranty a bushing on a LCA. I sent back the entire LCA kit.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Ive yet to see one of these posts end on a bad note...

AM will take care of you I have faith

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Let me start off by stating I have tried to civilly resolve this claim through AM's customer service email. The guy just keeps basically copy and pasting the same answer.

Over the last 3 years I have spent almost $15,000 just on the AM website and never once tried to return anything or ask for a warranty claim, so the way they deal with this is a bit surprising.

The Raxiom nav unit I bought less than 2 years ago has taken a shit and the touch screen quit working. AM states they have a 2 year warranty on the unit. The only thing that is defective is the touchscreen. Not the backup camera, not the GPS antenna, just the display unit.
I explained to the guy that the backup camera is permanently installed, cannot be removed, and is not defective. They refuse to replace just the defective component and keep telling me that I have to uninstall and send back everything. They will not send the replacement until I ship back everything. The return policy on the website states the customer has 30 days to send back the defective product after a replacement is sent. Basically the opposite of what he keeps saying.
The other option is for ME to buy another unit, install it and then get credit. I don't think I should have to shell out another $600 to have a faulty unit replaced.
Be careful buying any kind of kit or assembly from them, if you have a single bolt or anything go bad under warranty you are going to be uninstalling the whole works. Imagine if you had bought a turbo kit from them and a wastegate goes bad, have fun tearing apart the whole car.

The common sense solution would be for them to say ok, send back just the defective part and when you get the replacement kit just send back what you didn't use.
Either way, first impressions of AM's customer service, not so good.
Done venting, I have a car to tear apart just so I can destroy a perfectly good backup cam to send back.

Whoa Tron!

I'm not even sure what I'm reading here and I'm really shocked at the level of service that was received via our customer service email team.

I'll say this that they need to follow certain procedure and guidelines but this is no good at all!

Shoot me your contact info or order number and I'll get you a replacement kit shipped overnight free of charge. You can take what you need and have the remainder shipped back to us and we'll get you smiling again.

Drop me a line and I'll have this wrapped up for you in 24 hours.

AMAlex

SCalla1384

Established Member
Whoa Tron!

I'm not even sure what I'm reading here and I'm really shocked at the level of service that was received via our customer service email team.

I'll say this that they need to follow certain procedure and guidelines but this is no good at all!

Shoot me your contact info or order number and I'll get you a replacement kit shipped overnight free of charge. You can take what you need and have the remainder shipped back to us and we'll get you smiling again.

Drop me a line and I'll have this wrapped up for you in 24 hours.

AMAlex

Win. Am has great CS. My only issue is, people who don't post on forums, I wonder if there's more cases like this that don't get resolved.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
annnddd done..

Agreed Scalla ...Every member should defiantly get a hold of an AM rep on here directly before this style of post, frustration is understandable but Ive never seen anyone left in the cold with AM yet.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Win. Am has great CS. My only issue is, people who don't post on forums, I wonder if there's more cases like this that don't get resolved.

SCalla1384 - You know I don't mess around here at all!

I'll be straight forward I've heard of their GPS' having issues like this in the past and this is actually the 2nd that I've caught this week unless OP had this posted on another forum.

Alex

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
SCalla1384 - You know I don't mess around here at all!

I'll be straight forward I've heard of their GPS' having issues like this in the past and this is actually the 2nd that I've caught this week unless OP had this posted on another forum.

Alex

I appreciate the help! This is the only place I've posted of this so there must be another one.
I don't want or deserve any kind of special treatment, just want the defective part warrantied without tearing the whole car apart and in the process destroying the actual good parts just to send them back. Like I tried explaining to the rep, the camera is permanently install and would be destroyed by taking it out. Just frustrating getting the same copy and pasted answer.
I'll PM ya

liter of cola

Established Member
I purchased the ford racing 3" cat back exhaust for my 14' gt from AM earlier this year in april... I installed it and had nothing but trouble with it, my car has 100% stock suspension so it was at stock ride height yet the over axle pipes were hitting the axle housing over bumps. I took it to two shops, one being a ford service shop and both them and the muffler shop had multiple tries and hours of time trying to get it right yet even after that it still was hitting the axle over bumps, I contacted AM and they seamed to not care as I had the exhaust installed so... in that case no return or replacement was possible.

this is why I think AM customer service is horrible.

I had to remove the exhaust and replace the stock ones. what a waste of $1,300

Last edited:

Lemonth

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, how have you installed your camera? I was planning on buying the Raxiom unit and wanted to know the best way to mount the camera. I was hoping there was a way to make it look OEM but from what I read it's very hard to do.

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I appreciate the help! This is the only place I've posted of this so there must be another one.
I don't want or deserve any kind of special treatment, just want the defective part warrantied without tearing the whole car apart and in the process destroying the actual good parts just to send them back. Like I tried explaining to the rep, the camera is permanently install and would be destroyed by taking it out. Just frustrating getting the same copy and pasted answer.
I'll PM ya

Tron - PM received and replied and you'll have your replacement tomorrow.

I took a a look at the order and saw the correspondence and it's really not something that I'd like to see. I'll make sure that this is brought up with our customer service email manager.

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can help out with in the future and thanks for working with me on this.

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I purchased the ford racing 3" cat back exhaust for my 14' gt from AM earlier this year in april... I installed it and had nothing but trouble with it, my car has 100% stock suspension so it was at stock ride height yet the over axle pipes were hitting the axle housing over bumps. I took it to two shops, one being a ford service shop and both them and the muffler shop had multiple tries and hours of time trying to get it right yet even after that it still was hitting the axle over bumps, I contacted AM and they seamed to not care as I had the exhaust installed so... in that case no return or replacement was possible.

this is why I think AM customer service is horrible.

I had to remove the exhaust and replace the stock ones. what a waste of $1,300

Jeez! This sounds really, really uncharacteristic of us. Can you drop me a line with your email address?

I'd really like to see who you worked/spoke with about this as we're usually very quick to help be it having the entire system replaced or even reimbursing a labor charge to have the exhaust modified to have it work.

Shoot me a PM so I can wrap my head around what happened and so I can see how I compensate you for the trouble and inconvenience.

I'll get you smiling again.

Alex

nate714

Established Member
I wish LMR had a strong forum presence here. I bought some stuff during a 4th of July sale, had a horrible experience, decided I'll never shop there again. I was offended by their 6% off social media follower coupon they offered as compensation for my trouble.

I've only had an issue with an AM product once and they gave me a full refund, didn't even have to return the bad product, just threw it in the trash lol. Come to think of it, it was a Raxiom product.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
If ONLY Ford were as attentive to complaints as AM seems to be. I would never be scared to spend my money with them if I was in the market for anything.

rotarymagic

Established Member
AMAlex is the customer service posterboy right now. This is pretty awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more stuff from AM just based upon the fact that if I can't get good CS over the phone, I can just PM Alex to take care of me (and he will from what I've seen). Keep it up AM!

liter of cola

Established Member
Jeez! This sounds really, really uncharacteristic of us. Can you drop me a line with your email address?

I'd really like to see who you worked/spoke with about this as we're usually very quick to help be it having the entire system replaced or even reimbursing a labor charge to have the exhaust modified to have it work.

Shoot me a PM so I can wrap my head around what happened and so I can see how I compensate you for the trouble and inconvenience.

I'll get you smiling again.

Alex

pm sent

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I wish LMR had a strong forum presence here. I bought some stuff during a 4th of July sale, had a horrible experience, decided I'll never shop there again. I was offended by their 6% off social media follower coupon they offered as compensation for my trouble.

I've only had an issue with an AM product once and they gave me a full refund, didn't even have to return the bad product, just threw it in the trash lol. Come to think of it, it was a Raxiom product.

Jeez - Sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working with them Nate. I'm always here to help no matter what (I'll throw this out there that I will be offsite until 11/2 though!) and I don't split hairs with customers, ever.

Keep me in the loop if there's ever anything I can help out with. Oh yeah, check your inbox, you just broke 50 posts.

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
If ONLY Ford were as attentive to complaints as AM seems to be. I would never be scared to spend my money with them if I was in the market for anything.

Malern - I hear you on this. They actually do have some Ford Forum Reps that lurk around.

AMAlex is the customer service posterboy right now. This is pretty awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more stuff from AM just based upon the fact that if I can't get good CS over the phone, I can just PM Alex to take care of me (and he will from what I've seen). Keep it up AM!

Trying to make me blush? Because it's working. In all seriousness I appreciate the kind words and feedback. We've been here for a long time and really made a name for ourselves on the forums. This is a great community that I've snooped on for years prior to being here. If you look hard enough you'll find my personal handle.

We strive to ensure that the experience is not only positive but memorable. At the end of the day I'm a huge enthusiast along with being a consumer and I hate when I run into issues with a company.

Search my name here and you'll see that I have and will continue to bend over backwards to make sure that my guys are in good shape.

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
LiterCola - I still can't not say this without thinking of Farva - You've got a PM coming back to you but I just wanted to apologize again. I'm going to throw a discount on the exhaust order right now and get some cash back in your direction for you.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread