Warranty opinion

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
the day is slowly approaching, my ESP expires 02/15.

I've been using the same tech at the same dealer since both myself and the original owner have owned this car.
So the question is I can bring the car in and have a bunch of parts replaced, kind of like preventative maintenance, there would be no questions asked or leave it be and just let it run out.

car has 17k miles cat back and intake only.

What's the thought. do I put a list together, like alt, IC pump , ac compressor, so and so forth and bring it in.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I say leave well enough alone. It is fraud for them to do PM under warranty anyway you want to look at it.

Instead I would find out if they can hook you up with a preferred customer labor rate and parts discount to keep your business going forward. I think this is reasonable and ethical to ask. Replacing parts that are not bad UNDER WARRANTY, is NOT.:nonono:

SORRY.:dw:

MustangJim21

Established Member
I'm in agreement with Jimmy. As he stated, having PM done under "warranty" is fraud. It is people who are fraudulent that cost those who are honest.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
They will not even do TSBs on mine under the Ford ESP Premium warranty. I would have to pay standard labor rates. I agree with Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread