Warranty problems, and the lemon law.

513SPEED

Established Member
Hello,

Just wanted to get some feedback with those that have persued the lemon law. Here in ohio, if you can answer yes to one of the following questions you quallify:

Have three or more attempts been made to repair one problem and then the problem either continues to exist or occurs again?

Has the vehicle been in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days or more during the first year or 18,000 miles?

Have eight or more attempts been made to fix different problems?

Has one unsuccessful attempt been made to fix a problem that could cause death or serious injury?

-=-

So, I bought my car July 4, 2004 used with 10,500 on the odometer. A day or two later, I hear the tick - I didn't really know what to listen for before I bought the car, but I put the stethescope on the rear of the driver head, and sure enough tick tick tick tick.

I took the car in to my dealer, the service write up said "CK for ticking in engine area inspect,advised customer the last time vehicle was here that ford is aware of this concern. They are investigating a possible repair. The tech called hotline last visit, the engineer advised that a cylinder head and or an engine assembly will not correct the ticking noise. Customer decided to leave the vehicle here. The tech advised the service manager and talked to the FSE. The FSE advised that if ford is investigating, than no attempt at a repair should be made at this time. We will monitor oasis for any updates and will contact the customer at that time."

So, they recognize the problem with the tick, but say there is no fix for it.

Took to a different dealer (as advised by Ford SVT), adn they said the tick was normal by a SSM that states "Some 03 mustang cobra's will exhibit a ticking noise from under the driver fender well with hood closed. This is a normal noise.. blah blah"

Ok just want to point out the obvious contradiction between some and normal - contradicting meanings to the words.

So now my car goes in to the original dealer monday for:

Bad alignment
Unbalanced tires
Squeeky Gate Steering
TICK
Driveshaft clunk
Seatbelt doesn't retract

They already fixed the foglight, I dunno, I'm gonna go for Lemon becuase this is getting ridiculous. Has anyone done the lemon law thing?? Any help is appreciated.

Chris C

Established Member
The problems you are describling i believe would be considered as "petty"... I am in the process of lemoning mine but i have also gone through 3 trannys, and am on my 4th... As far as the ticking, there is a TSB out for it if you were to bring in the TSB they will fix it, or attempt to. do a search with google, to pull up some local lawers that im sure provide free consultation.

513SPEED

Established Member
I mentioned the TSB, even printed it out for them. No fix.

The problem is I plan on going turbo soon but refuse to start with a bad head, and the dealers simply wont fix it. It reduces the value of the car and throws things off. An attempt to fix it would satisfy me, but they haven't even tried.

It also stalls all the time - I dunno - it's rough. It would suck to go through a few transmissions, but when every possible thing that COULD be wrong with your car IS, that sucks too. While each individual problem may be small (besides the head, of course), they all add up.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
4 trannys? What was wrong with them?

I would call up SVT, and have them talk to the dealership.

513SPEED

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking about 4 trannies too, the t56 is a beast! Sounds like you might have a driveplate issue.

Users who are viewing this thread