Warranty question with Mods?

Crazy03

Established Member
I have kooks logtubes with off-road X-pipe, cai, afterburner EFPC, and the 3.0 pulley. My fog light on the right side of the car has water in it again and I need to take it in for warranty. Can they look at my mods and void my drivetrain warranty. I am not taking it in for anything else but the fog light. I just dont want my warranty voided. What should I do?

Trader

Established Member
I got my foglight at fordparts network. It was 60 bucks i think. Took 15 minutes to put in.

Crazy03

Established Member
Thanks for the replys, I thought it would be more than that. Maybe I'll go buy one and just put it in.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Being a cheap ****, I'd probably just drill a small hole in it to allow the water to drain.

Crazy03

Established Member
The only problem with that is the light doesn't work at all.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I personally wouldnt worry about the mods you have affecting a warranty repair for a fog light. Unless the dealer is a real stickler I dont think there will be a problem. Also, try and build good rapor with your service rep so if you need other warranty work down the road you have someone on your side. Black03

abailey269

Established Member
Originally posted by black03
Also, try and build good rapor with your service rep so if you need other warranty work down the road you have someone on your side. Black03

Very true. But do keep in mind that SVT sends thier own reps out if you have any major drivetrain problems. So lets say you took your car in for the fog light repair and they just happened to look under the hood/car and saw all the mods. This is in no relation to the fog light, but i could see them making a note about your car that it is modified. If you did have a problem down the road (mechanically) they would remember. Now if you were good friends with the service writer i wouldent be suprised if he would let you take it in to figure out what the problem is then let you have the time to take your mods off before the SVT buttplug comes out to look at it as it seems like SVT (not the dealer) it looking for any reason to get out of warranty work.

Over $60, i agree with the others...go purhase a fog light and avoid the hassle.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by black03
Also, try and build good rapor with your service rep so if you need other warranty work down the road you have someone on your side. Black03

I agree, try to find an SVT service rep who also owns a Lightning or Cobra.

My service rep has an 01 Lightning and we all go cruising on AZ Cruise Nights with the other SVTers

I trust my guys enough that they won't void a warrenty if I'm just bringing it in for basic warrenty repairs. They'd only void it if a Ford rep came in and said NO.

you need to find a good place where you trust them and they trust you.... and also someone who actually knows how to fix your car.

I've met lots of nice service reps but some of them are not good at what they do.

:beer:

Trmn8er

Established Member
Warranty? What warranty!

I'd take it in. Your warranty is probably shot now anyway if it comes down to Ford footing the bill to replace your motor.

They will be all over the engine looking for wrench and pulley marks! They will even look at your ECU for pin marks.

IMO, if you have serious problems with your car, you will not be able to hide they fact that you have molested your car (In Ford's eyes!).

We are all in the same boat here. Those of us who have taken the risk to unleash the awesome power these cars have bottled up, run the risk of getting screwed if something goes wrong. Wether it is our fault our not!

Take it in and make them fix your fog light!

P.S. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread