Warrenty work done with mods????where??

GTCobra

Established Member
I have a cracked piston because of to much boost i took the blower off and most everything else besides exhasut and body stuff but a trained eye could see that i had a blower on it the mass air is kind thrown on and some bolts are missing so i took it to the deal i bougth it from and they said they couldnt work on it in less i paid i voided my warrent. i dont have a dime to fix this thing so i ether sell or trade or find a place to fix it. help please ill post pics if you want to buy it it is a real nice looking car with only 21000 miles

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
This story has some entertainment potential.

So you swapped the engine on the car, broke a piston (no easy feat with the forged 03 Cobra shortblock) and now you want it fixed under warantee?

You are SOL and you are a moron. Please explain this situation though........ :D:D:D

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yeah, you're responsible for breaking your engine, yet you expect Ford to fix it on their dime for something that it wasn't designed to do? You are a dick, and contribute to the reason Ford is reluctant to fix cars under warranty.

8ate8

Established Member
Well you'd just be scamming out the dealerships, but anyways, good luck with the car. Sounded like a fun ride.

GTCobra

Established Member
No no i sold the cobra block and all i have everything in the car stock except for the hpipe. and yes i would like ford to fix it under warrenty because it is worth a try and explain why i am a dick for asking then to fix my car i am not the reason ford is reluctant to fix cars this is the first time i have ever takin a car to be fixed under warrenty

T-Bolt

Established Member
Originally posted by GTCobra
No no i sold the cobra block and all i have everything in the car stock except for the hpipe. and yes i would like ford to fix it under warrenty because it is worth a try and explain why i am a dick for asking then to fix my car i am not the reason ford is reluctant to fix cars this is the first time i have ever takin a car to be fixed under warrenty

1. You mod, it blows up, it's your dime.

2. Learn how to type correctly.

3. You are still a dick.

LogiWorld123

Established Member

I am confused;

You have a motor that is blown because of supercharging.

You sold the 03 Cobra block

You want Ford to fix your GT engine that you put a supercharger on.

Am i following you?

GTCobra

Established Member
all i want is a answer for my question i didnt ask for all you idiots that have smart ass coments to reply to my problem. all i want is someone that would like to help me to tell me how they went about fixing there moded car that was still under warrenty because i know alot of you have replaced motors under warrenty. infact the cobra motor that i did buy was from a ford dealer out of warrenty work and it had a pulley on it so just let me know how to get this car fixed with out paying to much money thank you.

T-Bolt

Established Member
all i want is a answer for my question i didnt ask for all you idiots that have smart ass coments to reply to my problem. all i want is someone that would like to help me to tell me how they went about fixing there moded car that was still under warrenty because i know alot of you have replaced motors under warrenty. infact the cobra motor that i did buy was from a ford dealer out of warrenty work and it had a pulley on it so just let me know how to get this car fixed with out paying to much money thank you.

Pulley=Voided warranty.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
tell me how they went about fixing there moded car that was still under warrenty because i know alot of you have replaced motors under warrenty.
Most of the folks who have blown their modded motors have paid out of pocket to fix it.
It's called "you play, you pay."

GTCobra

Established Member
i am going to school in a week i lost 3000 dollars on the whole cobra block deal so now i am looking for a cheep way to have a running car

jk03cobra

Established Member
Ok, I'm still not getting this whole story. Now I'm not trying to be a dick here but please try to explain in more detail what exactly happened here. It sounds like you bought an 03 cobra motor, had it in the GT, blew it up, but now you don't have the motor anymore. Everything is stock again you said?
Am I following this correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread