Was almost involved in Head on Collision.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
10:30pm on a Saturday night, I left my 75yr old mothers house near the west side of town. Wife was driving down a wide Main Street that had an express way on ramp road on the Right. A drunk driver was coming the wrong way off that on ramp and into the Main Street. Idiot turned left and was coming straight into us, he was on the wrong lane. After honking the F out the horn he took a sharp turn into a random street off the Main Rd, he damn near collided with 2 other cars down that residential street.

I immediately called 911 and explained the situation. The dispatcher stated there was several complaints from the vehicle description in that area. While on the phone with the dispatcher I told the wife to come around into said road that drunk driver took to hide. Sure shit, I found him stumbling in the middle of a residential road around his company truck(Rockwell of Corpus Christi) believe it's a drilling/oil company. Company truck was a 3/4 dodge diesel with large brush guard, same vehicle that damn near hit us head on. His friends were guiding him into a house in that area.

I explained everything I saw to the 911 dispatcher. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to document the license plate. 20 minutes went by and no police showed up either, yes I secretly patrolled the area. Wish there was more I can do. I'm assuming he's home free?

She's old enough to drive.

OP let this be a lesson to you...
the cops always show up 5 minutes later when you needed them 2 minutes ago.

Glad you came out unscathed but its a perfect example of how you can do the job of the cops...but do they do what they should? Bwaahahahahaha. Of course not.

I would love to be wrong in this instance. Please keep us updated if they somehow pinch this homie.

Doubt it though. They have more 'dangerous criminals' to attend to I suspect...

01Jes

Established Member

Glad you came out unscathed but its a perfect example of how you can do the job of the cops...but do they do what they should? Bwaahahahahaha. Of course not.

I would love to be wrong in this instance. Please keep us updated if they somehow pinch this homie.

Good to see you around Rob. You hit the nail on the head about taking over the job of
police in this particular situation. A thought that crossed my mind per say...
Doubt I would follow through in any action unless last resort.

Minor incident but a close call indeed.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
You don't know if the driver was drunk, so I wouldn't state that as a fact.

I thought a guy was drunk once too about this time last year: Jumping in front of our trains, rolling around in the ditches beside our tracks, crazy talk of gold coins in the ballast......after he ran into a building cops show up 10 min later.

Cops find guy at a desk working in office and ask me to ID him. Turns out, my "drunk" guy was the business owner and his blood sugar was out of wack that morning.

I had money on him being drunk based on his actions. Glad your okay, and i would've done the same, but it could've been medical issue instead of a drunk.

tistan

Established Member

Unless you tell they you have a gun and you will handle the situation yourself. Then they show up quicker.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Nice work, OP. Taking the time to try to make a difference is spot on. Did you have a chance to grab some video of him staggering out of his ride? You could probably shoot that right over to the police. I've been thinking about putting a GoPro in my back window to grab evidence of "text while driving" a-holes in the area. Actions like yours could save a life.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
You don't know if the driver was drunk, so I wouldn't state that as a fact.

I thought a guy was drunk once too about this time last year: Jumping in front of our trains, rolling around in the ditches beside our tracks, crazy talk of gold coins in the ballast......after he ran into a building cops show up 10 min later.

Cops find guy at a desk working in office and ask me to ID him. Turns out, my "drunk" guy was the business owner and his blood sugar was out of wack that morning.

I had money on him being drunk based on his actions. Glad your okay, and i would've done the same, but it could've been medical issue instead of a drunk.
Regardless...the police need to investigate. If the guy was sick no legal foul...but he needs to know what he did. Other lives are at stake.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
lol at the guys in this thread who have to chauffeur your wives around everywhere you go. Glad to see you married a real women OP!

As for the topic on hand, you did the right thing. I have been seriously considering putting a dash-cam in my car because of the stupidity of Californian drivers. Almost on a daily basis I encounter some person (usually a women, yes I am sexist obviously) who does something that endangers the lives of other people. The more I live here the more I understand why people hate us.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I explained everything I saw to the 911 dispatcher. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to document the license plate. 20 minutes went by and no police showed up either, yes I secretly patrolled the area. Wish there was more I can do. I'm assuming he's home free?

So you didn't have time to get the plate number in the 20 minutes you spent patrolling the area?

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
20 minutes went by and no police showed up either, yes I secretly patrolled the area. Wish there was more I can do. I'm assuming he's home free?

Police were probably at a "DWI checkpoint" haha, yeah i'm sure he's home free.

My POS cousin drove while drunk and high and hit a parked car by a restaurant he had no insurance (fake paperwork) his car was totaled from the impact. The people ran out and checked if he was fine he immediately ran (His shanty apartment was only a few blocks away) the people followed him to his building and called the cops. The cops showed up at his door and he didn't answer, cops showed up again and he still didn't answer. My cousin lives in austin BTW.....

Long story short, because he didn't answer his door they cant get him for DWI-DUI whatever its called how a days. I don't mean to hijack, I was just letting you know that your guy is probably home free.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol at the guys in this thread who have to chauffeur your wives around everywhere you go. Glad to see you married a real women OP!

As for the topic on hand, you did the right thing. I have been seriously considering putting a dash-cam in my car because of the stupidity of Californian drivers. Almost on a daily basis I encounter some person (usually a women, yes I am sexist obviously) who does something that endangers the lives of other people. The more I live here the more I understand why people hate us.

Eh the more I live here the more I hate other states.

The worst drivers I see have Texas, Arizona, new Mexico, Nevada or Utah plates.

Planter

Banned

Did the drunk guy have skittles and tea in his hand while he was stumbling through the street? ;-)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Glad to see your highness shows up and contributes so much to yet another thread.

Police were probably at a "DWI checkpoint" haha, yeah i'm sure he's home free.

My POS cousin drove while drunk and high and hit a parked car by a restaurant he had no insurance (fake paperwork) his car was totaled from the impact. The people ran out and checked if he was fine he immediately ran (His shanty apartment was only a few blocks away) the people followed him to his building and called the cops. The cops showed up at his door and he didn't answer, cops showed up again and he still didn't answer. My cousin lives in austin BTW.....

Long story short, because he didn't answer his door they cant get him for DWI-DUI whatever its called how a days. I don't mean to hijack, I was just letting you know that your guy is probably home free.

And if the police would have arrested the guy at the house without seeing him in the car or having evidence of said person driving the vehicle, we would have a thread full of Internet Lawyers telling us how the police infringed upon the rights of the man drinking a few Bud Lights at the house.

Eventually people like this driver run out of luck and get caught. Usually they kill somebody and have zero scratches on them. I was in an accident once where a guy was killed. Drunk driver had no lights on at around midnight. Drunk guy was driving an Explorer (early 90s) hit a VW Rabbitt and killed the back passenger, pushed the Rabbitt into our vehicle (early 90s Bronco), ruptured the fuel tank and removed the rear axle from the vehicle, pushed both vehicles 150-200ft, and did not even know he hit us.

01Jes

Established Member
So you didn't have time to get the plate number in the 20 minutes you spent patrolling the area?
I have it now ;)

CDJ-6245

Works for Rockwater Energy Solutions, company truck ID: RW01-10555

Maybe a few emails will persuade him to not go head on with traffic...

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I have it now ;)

CDJ-6245

Works for Rockwater Energy Solutions, company truck ID: RW01-10555

Maybe a few emails will persuade him to not go head on with traffic...

Screw that, call the office and raise all kinds of hell. He may not get ticketed/arrested but he'll likely get canned.

01Jes

Established Member
Screw that, call the office and raise all kinds of hell. He may not get ticketed/arrested but he'll likely get canned.

Yes sir will also be calling Corporate first thing Monday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread