Was arrested for street racing and could use advice (L.E.O.s Only)

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I was arrested for street racing last thursday. I was taken to jail along with the guy I was racing. So I'm asking for advice from all the L.E.O.'s out there. I live in Phoenix AZ but I was arrested in Glendale. This is my first offense and my first ticket. I have no criminal record of any kind. What should I expect to come down from the court? I plan on going in and pleading guilty and admitting that I ****ed up and it was a poor choice of judgement. Out of all the times I have raced on the street this was the only time I've been caught. But all I needed was one time because now I realize the pure stupidity that it is. Thanks in advance.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Realize if you plead guilty you are admitting a criminal offense. Once adjudicated guilty you will have to answer yes to any form or application that asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime. This will negatively impact various types of licenses and security clearances, etc.

Get an attorney and keep you mouth closed. Dont talk to anyone about it, other than your counsel.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Realize if you plead guilty you are admitting a criminal offense. Once adjudicated guilty you will have to answer yes to any form or application that asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime. This will negatively impact various types of licenses and security clearances, etc.

Get an attorney and keep you mouth closed. Dont talk to anyone about it,
other than your counsel.

I'm not wanting to fight it because I was arrested and so was the other guy. They have both cars involved. If I try to fight it I'm sure I will lose and they could then throw the book at me. I'm hoping that because Its my first offense and I have no speeding tickets or any violations the judge may go easier on me. I'm also hoping that my military background might help me out.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
They may just throw the book at you anyway especially if there had been race crashes in the area. The court WILL make an example of you and just may seize your vehicle. Get an attorney, this way he can do some bargaining. Yep, its going to cost, but maybe not as bad, Are you willing to take that chance?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'm not wanting to fight it because I was arrested and so was the other guy. They have both cars involved. If I try to fight it I'm sure I will lose and they could then throw the book at me. I'm hoping that because Its my first offense and I have no speeding tickets or any violations the judge may go easier on me. I'm also hoping that my military background might help me out.

If you dont mind having a criminal conviction on your record, that is your choice. Good luck, either way.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I got a lawyer and we got the court hearing pushed back another 30 days. Its definately $ well spent. I will post updates when its all over with. The advice I've recieved from everyone has been invaluable.

Users who are viewing this thread