wat air pressure?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We'll start at 18psi and work from there. ;-)
Just make sure you heat them really good.:burnout:
Later man, J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Track water from your front street radials to the line. Only pull through with front drag skinnies. -J

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I would never go into the water box with a treaded tire, even a drag radial. It is just that much more of a chance of bringing moisture to the starting line. You should be able to do your burnout in second gear without any water (assuming you have a 355 or higher gear, if stock, then burnout in first).

Just my .02 cents worth...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I drive around and back in to just before the water box with DRs. That area is usually still slightly wet and makes the burnout easier. Definitely a 2nd gear burnout with 3.73s. -J

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
With drag radials you are not suppose to get them wet. Drive around the water box, back up to the burnout area, and do a good smokey burnout.

Before going to the Hoosiers, I owned 3 sets of drag radials. Made the mistake of backing up to far and getting them wet and I couldn't get them to hook below a 2.0 60 ft.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
like most things every has a opinion on proper burnout. mine is that most people dont heat there tires up enough. takes a little practice to figure out the fine line between producing proper heat or just wasteing tire away.
I THINK more heat is better. ive seen, read about sooo many people going to the track with there newly purchased DR's and becasue they dont what to wear them out they just do a couple revolutions and pull foward. this isnt enough. ive got the best hook from a good 2nd gear smokey burnout :burnout: . i also like to back just into the water box. if you do i good 2nd gear burnout the tires WILL be dry. i also like to do a dry hop up to the line to test the level of traction.
like i said this just MY routine. (key word is ROUTINE-get one! :thumbsup: )
bryan

93BlkCobra

Established Member
I go straight thru the water box Heat them well! 15-17Psi.
Leave at 2300 rpms, Good! Better track I should be able to hook at 3K. The Nittos work well!Its really all how you do on the line
when you leave? Good Luck!

93BlkCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 93cobra#3326
like most things every has a opinion on proper burnout. mine is that most people dont heat there tires up enough. takes a little practice to figure out the fine line between producing proper heat or just wasteing tire away.
I THINK more heat is better. ive seen, read about sooo many people going to the track with there newly purchased DR's and becasue they dont what to wear them out they just do a couple revolutions and pull foward. this isnt enough. ive got the best hook from a good 2nd gear smokey burnout :burnout: . i also like to back just into the water box. if you do i good 2nd gear burnout the tires WILL be dry. i also like to do a dry hop up to the line to test the level of traction.
like i said this just MY routine. (key word is ROUTINE-get one! :thumbsup: )
bryan
Yup! I Agree. I Learned this with my 89.
Its not really how long the burnout! Better to heat your tires
at 5k then 3k. Get some heat in them!:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread